Headlight bulb replacement ?

cdl

Guys,

I really would like to improve my 2013 JKUR headlights. I'm planning on doing the Truck Light upgrade down the road. But my question is would the Sylvania Silverstar Ultra H13's work in the mean time? Will they damage anything? Thanks

highoctane

Caught the Bug
They'll give you a cool slightly bluish looking tint to your lights. Other than that I found them actually less effective in rain, and I got no noticeable increase in headlight range, since you are still using the factory OEM housing, which is the limitation.

TacPen

Banned
That was actually my first mod, made huge difference. Stock headlights were terrible but the bulb swap is enought for me.

I run them in the Xterra and FJ and swear by them but replacing them does get old. The Sylvania Silverstar splits the difference between the Ultra and stock but tends to last a lot longer. I suck it up and run the Ultras. Do have a set of zXe bulbs ready to try next time.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I've run them and they do help but, if you want to see a real difference, a set of IPF lights will do a lot more for you. Of course, Truck-Lites are even better but cost more too.

ssh6314

They will help, as others have said. But, your all your doing is putting slightly better bulbs into crap, and at the end of the day, its crap. If you want real light output, your going to have to pay.

Rebel off road Hellfires.
Truck-lites.
JW Speaker.

All awesome upgrades, at varying prices.
http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/usmcdoc/lights/index.php

This thread helped me alot and I ended up going with the Hellfires.:thumb:

Prime8

I've run them and they do help but, if you want to see a real difference, a set of IPF lights will do a lot more for you. Of course, Truck-Lites are even better but cost more too.

I run the IPF lights and I am perfectly happy with them!

Top Bottom