Novice Needing Advice

jkhutchison09

I currently have a 2011 4dr Sahara and looking to get into wheeling more. I am currently deployed so I have been purchasing mods and doing my research, just haven't talked to many other avid Jeepers. I have a 3.5" Series II lift from Rough Country and running 35's. I have already bought 4.56 gears, Synergy C Gussets for the Dana 30 as well as a RIPP Stage 2. Plan on getting a complete front and rear set of adjustable control arms to help reduce stress on the suspension components and possibly either truss for Dana 30 and/or sleeve kit. Trying to knock out the things that will cost more if precautions are not taken before I go for body mods/armor and other accessories. I do not plan on jumping into serious rock crawling in the near future but would like to get on some nice trails. What else would be recommended to reduce any possible headaches down the road from unforeseen failures or weaknesses?

Atch

I'm guessing you still have your Sahara steps? If so I'd remove them and install some sliders to avoid body damage!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to WAYALIFE!! Regarding your build, I would agree with the post above - get yourself some rocker guards and, if you don't already have them, tow points front and rear.

jkhutchison09

As of now I'm looking at Poison Spyder front, rear, and rocker armor. Love the way it all looks and seems very durable from what I've read from other guys running them on their rigs. Would 1310 or 1350 driveshafts be necessary on my 4 door 6 speed and will the factory ball joints last quite a while 35's?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As of now I'm looking at Poison Spyder front, rear, and rocker armor. Love the way it all looks and seems very durable from what I've read from other guys running them on their rigs. Would 1310 or 1350 driveshafts be necessary on my 4 door 6 speed and will the factory ball joints last quite a while 35's?

You have a 2011 Unlimited with a manual transmission so, you technically can get away with factory shafts. I personally would run them until you need to replace them and then, if you plan on sticking with 35's, can just run a set of 1310 shafts. If you haven't done it already, you really want to gusset up your axle c's. The factory ball joints will last for a while with that setup. When it's time to upgrade, there's really nothing better out there than Dynatrac ProSteers but, if you aren't willing to spend that much, I would recommend the ball joints made by Alloy USA. Basically a carbon copy of Synergy ball joints only a fraction of the price.

jkhutchison09

Thanks guys for the warm welcome! Look forward to building my rig up and being reunited once I'm done with my tour overseas. Until then please excuse my noob questions! Just want to make sure I'm making the right choices for the right reasons (unlike my first build '84 CJ8 I had years ago)

Top Bottom