MOAB - Question

TheGoodLife

My wife and I will be driving from Arizona to Nebraska via Moab. Adhering to the rule of never wheel alone... What's the best way to wheel in Moab when your flying solo and events are not happening.

Is it worth it to pay the money to one of the tour companies? Or just explore the area without getting into technical areas of the trails?

I appreciate your input ahead of time!

-TheGoodLife

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Depending on when you go and what trails you'll be running, you should be fine. Some trails are way more popular than others and you'll always find people on them such as Fins-n-Things or Hell's Revenge.

TheGoodLife

Depending on when you go and what trails you'll be running, you should be fine. Some trails are way more popular than others and you'll always find people on them such as Fins-n-Things or Hell's Revenge.

Thanks for the info. We will be going on a Sunday thru Tuesday May 15th - 17th.

Brute

Hooked
Try the Red Rock 4-Wheelers FB page...they are the 4x4 club in Moab...club members are always running trails...

cashin

Some groups meet in the City market parking lot. Might be able to tag along if they are running your skill level.

Undertheradar

Caught the Bug
Moab friends for wheelin' usually goes out weekly, you can check their FB page, they welcome out if towners. And as the other poster mentioned, the City Market parking lot is the usual meeting place for locals going to hit the trails, you can hook up with folks there too.

Linebacker

Caught the Bug

^^^ This. Based upon a tip from Eddie I took my stock Rubi on Fins-n-Things on a Monday shortly after the EJS and there was traffic. Be safe and a little cautious and have a great time.:yup:

mw149!

Another MOAB ?

I'm in the same situation. I'll do as you advised, but any hotel recommendations and any favorite trail suggestions??????

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
I'm in the same situation. I'll do as you advised, but any hotel recommendations and any favorite trail suggestions??????

We went with a small group and just rented a condo for a few days. Price was very reasonable plus we had a lot of space and the added bonus of a garage.

mw149!

Wow! Thanks for the reply. That's good to hear cuz I booked the Holiday Inn soon after this post cuz they were booking up fast.... Thanks

ELHines

We did White Rim

We did White Rim, just me and Wife and had an amazing time. Not a tough trail, just long and some high up switch backs.

20160510_125529.jpg 20160510_195030.jpg GEDC0685.jpg
GEDC0563.jpg GEDC0565.jpg 20160510_181813.jpg 20160510_090600.jpg 20160510_113327.jpg

Top Bottom