Driving might be alittle tough....

Hey guys!
So I did recently install new tires, a new drag link flip kit from EVO and new brakes on my jeep! But after about 500 or so miles I keep getting the ABS, ESP, and traction control light flashing on. The strange thing they keep going on, I can feel the jeep lock up alittle on the breaks but then after a few miles it shuts off or sometimes I'll stay on a I can feel it breaking slightly again and again. Now I'm not sure if the new tires and drag link flip would have anything to do with it but that's the most recent thing I did to the jeep. Just curious if anyone has had this issue?
What things should I be looking for?
What can cause this?
What did you do to fix if you've had the same issue?
I havnt gotten a chance to really look so any advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks guys!

Scrambler

But the lights are just now coming on after 500 miles? And the steering wheel is pretty straight. I used eddies write up to recent we the wheel.
I'm going to have it aligned but strange it's just now coming on

It may look straight to you, but your Jeep probably thinks otherwise. Recenter, check you bolts on the collar for proper torque, and take it for a test. Have you taken it offroad in that 500 miles or hit some hard bumps? Anything could have knocked it ever so slightly out of alignment.

It may look straight to you, but your Jeep probably thinks otherwise. Recenter, check you bolts on the collar for proper torque, and take it for a test. Have you taken it offroad in that 500 miles or hit some hard bumps? Anything could have knocked it ever so slightly out of alignment.

I haven't but I'll definitely recheck all of them to see!

rogerk93

Everyone already said it but Ill add anyways. When I installed my lift with the high steer and went for a drive I took it on the highway huge! Mistake as the Jeep was freaking out and the brakes was consistently being applied because my steering wheel was a little off. There is a write up on how to do the alignment yourself.

Everyone already said it but Ill add anyways. When I installed my lift with the high steer and went for a drive I took it on the highway huge! Mistake as the Jeep was freaking out and the brakes was consistently being applied because my steering wheel was a little off. There is a write up on how to do the alignment yourself.

I definitely reviewed eddies thread on that thanks

UPDATE: did the front end alignment double checked every step Eddie outlined in the instructions. Went on a test drive. The front passenger brake feels like it's sticking when I say sticking whenever I'm driving I can feel that side brake and the steering wheel jerks that way then it opens and resume normally. The light did not come when I went for a drive. I looked at al caliper bolts the lines are fine. So I'm pretty much out of ideas at this point. Anyone got a better idea?

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
UPDATE: did the front end alignment double checked every step Eddie outlined in the instructions. Went on a test drive. The front passenger brake feels like it's sticking when I say sticking whenever I'm driving I can feel that side brake and the steering wheel jerks that way then it opens and resume normally. The light did not come when I went for a drive. I looked at al caliper bolts the lines are fine. So I'm pretty much out of ideas at this point. Anyone got a better idea?

As everyone previously said, make sure your steering wheel is centered, what your describing still sounds like that. The only other thing i can think of is to check your ABS line and make sure its properly connected and what not.

As everyone previously said, make sure your steering wheel is centered, what your describing still sounds like that. The only other thing i can think of is to check your ABS line and make sure its properly connected and what not.

It's centered dead center I double checked all the bolts for the drag link the little clamp. My abs seems to be connect just fine. Not sure what else to really look for with the line

crowrb29

How far have you driven it since it came on and you troubleshooted everything?

Last edited:
If you've checked and rechecked the steering wheel check all or wheel speed sensor lines. They could be bad, or have wiggled loose, something might be up with one of the unit bearings too that could cause an issue....

Interesting! Haven't had that suggestion, anything I should do to check that?

crowrb29

Interesting! Haven't had that suggestion, anything I should do to check that?

I'd check to see if the actual connections where the speed sensors plug into the unit bearings aren't corroded or anything and that they are plugged in. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1462247075.400622.jpg
It's between the break dust shield and the steering knuckle.

NTRubicon

I have a similar issue that occurred when travelling on corrugated roads and through water above a certain depth. Turned out when the lift was put in, the shop disconnected a clip that holds that ABS sensor wire still, and didn't put it back together when they finished. The result was the ABS harness rubbed against the moving wheel intermittently and wore the wires bare, shorting out with the right vibration or when bridging with water ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1462248039.822236.jpg

Top Bottom