Driving might be alittle tough....

I have a similar issue that occurred when travelling on corrugated roads and through water above a certain depth. Turned out when the lift was put in, the shop disconnected a clip that holds that ABS sensor wire still, and didn't put it back together when they finished. The result was the ABS harness rubbed against the moving wheel intermittently and wore the wires bare, shorting out with the right vibration or when bridging with water View attachment 201406

That might be something to look for thank you! Did you just rewire it, replace it?

NTRubicon

That might be something to look for thank you! Did you just rewire it, replace it?

I haven't repaired it yet, as the issue is partially solved with electrical tape at the moment.

This image is the rear wheel speed sensor wire, and the harness is one piece from the engine bay to the back of the Jeep. In Aus, this is a $800 part, and 15-17 man hours of installation. Fortunately we also have a beer economy, so it's going to cost me a six pack of beer and about $5 of wiring to have it spliced and resealed by a local auto electrician.

Front speed sensors are easier replaced, as they are a much shorter wiring harness to the front, and they are changed out with the unit bearing.

Other considerations are some grit on the wheel speed sensor from the new brake pads.

I'm thinking it could be the unit bearing because in eddies write up he talks about it might give you a bit of "camber" and I noticed the top of my wheel does lean into the wheel well, then of course the bottom is out alittle more. So that's something I'll also be taking a look at!

Top Bottom