Annoyed with people passing me

wcarlson40

Ok, I understand the feeling. Your coming up to a stop light, and you move over into the left lane because there's a semi-truck in front of you in the right lane. Nobody wants to get stuck in the "slow" lane.

But, ever since I've gotten my Jeep, I feel like people intentionally gun it to get in front of me, and then when they realize they're going 20 mph over the speed limit, they slam their brakes in front of me! I never had this happen before when I had my small passenger car. Yes, my Jeep is lifted, and I have 35 inch tires, but it's not a monster. I don't drive like a grandma. Usually I'm gunning it off the line, driving 10 mph over the speed limit, like a high-school kid rushing to his girlfriend's house when her parents are out of town. I'm sure my fuel economy suffers from it.

Does anyone else notice this? It pisses the hell out of me. Yes, I'm developing road rage :banghead:

Hot94Z28

Lol, drive like a high school kid going to your girlfriends house when her parents are out of town. I like that and so true.

I have more of a issue with getting bright lighted since I put the lift on with 35's, and I have the shitty stock headlights.

JJK

Could be that you're just getting old and cranky like me. The older I get the more I really dislike these young whippersnappers doing over 55 mph. ;)

I feel the opposite to be honest! I think I do drive alittle crazy sometimes but I always feel like people are scared of my jeep and never cut me off or pass me!

Napalm

I tend to not care what the other drivers on the road are thinking, doing, anything. As long as they aren't running into me, I don't really care because driving the Jeep is just that much fun. :)

JeepJeep75

I tend to not care what the other drivers on the road are thinking, doing, anything. As long as they aren't running into me, I don't really care because driving the Jeep is just that much fun. :)

I'm with you on this one Napalm. When I'm in my jeep I'm usually content with just happily driving along. I really do enjoy driving my jeep, even in shitty traffic. I try not to let other people's impatience affect me negatively. I do notice though that some drivers seem to go out of their way to get in front of me especially if coming to a light. I really don't mind as long as I don't get cut off, and they get the hell outta my way by "hurrying up".

Labricon

Caught the Bug
I generally adhere to Napalm's plan........however the other evening a guy in a sporty little car was weaving through traffic like we were all pylons placed on the road for him to practice his slalom skills. Sadly for him a red light put him at a stop directly in front of me. I pulled up nice and close and allowed him to sample my enjoyment of JW Speaker led headlights on high beam in his rear view mirror for the duration of the red light. It did not appear to change his style once the light went green but I did manage to register my vote on his driving habits. Just another cranky old guy I guess :hmm:

Modit

When I'm not in my Jeep I ride a motorcycle so dealing with oblivious drivers is nothing new.
I used to get road rage, but now I keep it calm because the motorcycle will never win the battle with a cage.
When I'm in my Jeep I'm never in a hurry because I'm usually on my way to the trail, camping, or fishing and don't see any point in letting myself get upset on my way to relax.
When I finally decided to take this attitude I found it very liberating.

zip04

I'm suffering right now because I just upgraded my rear axle and regeared. I'm still in the first 100 miles of the break in so I am driving slow off the line and don't go over 55 mph.... I know I'm pissing people off. It sucks and I'm ready for the process to be done.

WJCO

Meme King
I'm suffering right now because I just upgraded my rear axle and regeared. I'm still in the first 100 miles of the break in so I am driving slow off the line and don't go over 55 mph.... I know I'm pissing people off. It sucks and I'm ready for the process to be done.

Who told you to keep it under 55? I've never heard of that. Here's a copy of Yukon Instructions. I went with Nitro and the instructions were very similar.

gears.jpg

jeeeep

Hooked
happens all the time, that's when I use brights at night and always the horn on their ass to let them know...they usually speed up.

I really want to install an air horn - sometimes I carry a marine air horn in a can, that gets their attention

WJCO

Meme King
happens all the time, that's when I use brights at night and always the horn on their ass to let them know...they usually speed up.

I really want to install an air horn - sometimes I carry a marine air horn in a can, that gets their attention

I watch air horn videos on youtube and laugh my ass off. My wife doesn't get it at all. She just stares at me.

jeeeep

Hooked
I watch air horn videos on youtube and laugh my ass off. My wife doesn't get it at all. She just stares at me.

they are funny as hell!

my daughter tries to hide when I use the air horn on someone, but it works!

zip04

Who told you to keep it under 55? I've never heard of that. Here's a copy of Yukon Instructions. I went with Nitro and the instructions were very similar.

View attachment 203072

My local shop suggested it. I have read another gear company that REQUIRES you to stay below 60 mph for the first 100, but knew Yukon (the gears I went with) does not have that stipulation. I'm abiding by their recommendation of staying below 55 for the first 100 miles simply to play it safe until the break in period is done. I'm at 65 miles right now, so I will drive it slowly for the last 35 miles when I get back in town on Monday.

Here is where I read about the 60 mph limit

Last edited:

catahoula

Caught the Bug
People pass me all the time and I am usually in front of the train. My wife wants to get me this sticker.

sticker.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
My local shop suggested it. I have read another gear company that REQUIRES you to stay below 60 mph for the first 100, but knew Yukon (the gears I went with) does not have that stipulation. I'm abiding by their recommendation of staying below 55 for the first 100 miles simply to play it safe until the break in period is done. I'm at 65 miles right now, so I will drive it slowly for the last 35 miles when I get back in town on Monday.

Here is where I read about the 60 mph limit

Better to be safe than sorry. Gears are expensive.

Top Bottom