Steel beadlock wheel:pro/cons and pictures

Guascone

Could show me please your steel beadlock wheel and tell me also your feadback/experience with them?
I’m deciding to go with steel beadlock wheel because here in Italy they are cheaper than the alloy and it is also easier to find the right backspace/offset.

Thanks!

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Are these the kind where you weld the beadlock rim to the steel wheel yourself or are they pre-made?

I'd be wary of the do-it-yourself kind if you're going to be driving them on the street, but if they're only driven off-road, you should be fine.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Are these the kind where you weld the beadlock rim to the steel wheel yourself or are they pre-made?

I'd be wary of the do-it-yourself kind if you're going to be driving them on the street, but if they're only driven off-road, you should be fine.

Agreed. If it's a do-it-yourself kit, I would stay away from them. Hell, I know someone who had a manufactured wheel and the ring blew off while airing up the tire for the first time. He got seriously hurt by it.

geberhard

Douchebag
Ciao!

The Daytona wheel you are looking at is a pretty darn good wheel, easy to mount and easy to balance, I have run them on other jeeps without issues. IIRC they are made by Allied, very good quality and pretty affordable. Keep in mind that depending on your tire bead thickness they may or may not work too well, or you may need to run spacer rings or smaller spacers\shims. It may be worth calling US wheels to confirm what tire you are planning to run.

Last edited:

Guascone

Thanks a lot for your feedback!!!
They will be used on 35/37 inch tires...

Ciao :)

Last edited:

Guascone

Looking the US wheel price I'm wondering about the small difference in terms of price between the steel beadlock and the alloy...
Why someone choose steel beadlock instead alloy beadlock?

geberhard

Douchebag
Steel = cheaper however easier to bend back in case you bend them. If you are going to deal with a lot of rocks, steel is a great way to go.

Alum = lighter, more $, but will crack instead of bending. Price difference wise alum is a great way to go, will shed some pounds, but alum has a higher tendency to crack or "shave".

A good compromise is alum wheels with steel outer rings you can replace (I am running this combo on my JK right now).

Gui

Top Bottom