PSC Rocker Knocker Problem

Colorado2003

Looking for assistance/info if anyone here has had a set of Body mounted PSC Rocker Knockers and had them bend up and pin the door shut. If so what was your fix to bend them strait. I have used the BFH to get the door to clear but need a bit more to knock them down a bit further. If the BFH is the answer then so be it. Just looking for others that have had this happen to them. Thanks

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Bummer - seen this happen a lot and it's the biggest reason why I don't recommend them. BFH an or a crazy big pry bar is going to be your best bet.

Colorado2003

Thanks Eddie. I appreciate it and will be going back to Evo sliders soon. Getting locked in my jeep is ridiculous! Never again lol. Cheers brother!

Evil

Take pics first but can you take them apart or get any of the parts off? Ive been a part of the BFH crew and when I say that I mean sledge hammer the F out of it.

Colorado2003

Take pics first but can you take them apart or get any of the parts off? Ive been a part of the BFH crew and when I say that I mean sledge hammer the F out of it.

Hahaha. I like where your head is at. I think I can get to the parts ok to get it off but at this point I would think keeping it on to straitened the body mounting points out so I don't have to try and re-install the mounted bolt that are welded to the slider through adjusted holes. I know that the body gave not the damn sliders lol. Mad about the sliders but hey it could have been worse lol. Chinaman's Gulch got me this time! ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1462843460.520263.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1462844376.267073.jpg

Desert Crawler

If you can take them off, I would try to find someone with a hydraulic press. It would be a quick and easy way to get them straight again. I have used this method for straightening 1/4 inch thick semi truck bumpers without fail.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Hahaha. I like where your head is at. I think I can get to the parts ok to get it off but at this point I would think keeping it on to straitened the body mounting points out so I don't have to try and re-install the mounted bolt that are welded to the slider through adjusted holes. I know that the body gave not the damn sliders lol. Mad about the sliders but hey it could have been worse lol. Chinaman's Gulch got me this time! View attachment 202657 View attachment 202664

That bent your sliders up to where your door wouldn't open? :thinking:

Man am I glad I don't have body mounted sliders. My tub would be mangled!

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
Bummer - seen this happen a lot and it's the biggest reason why I don't recommend them. BFH an or a crazy big pry bar is going to be your best bet.

Have you seen if the frame mounted psc knockers are much better? Or are they still not as good as Evo?

Hot94Z28

That bent your sliders up to where your door wouldn't open? :thinking:

Man am I glad I don't have body mounted sliders. My tub would be mangled!

I will say I am glad I joined this site when I did (should of sooner) cause mistakes would of been made. I was going to get some body mount sliders but went ahead and spent the money and time and got EVO sliders. I'm glad I did when I see threads like this being made.

Top Bottom