Southeast Father’s Day Run (6/19) - Hardrock Off-Road Park, Ocala FL

bonedaddy

Father's Day is right around the corner and what better way to celebrate than a day of Wheelin', or one of the closest things Florida has to "Northern" wheelin' ;)

Sunday, June 19th
10 AM (Gates Open) to 5 PM
$25 Entrance Fee - Paid at the Office/General Store

Hardrock Off-road Park (website)
6849 NW Gainesville Rd, Ocala, FL 34475

One of the best write-ups abot the place - way better than their website:
http://www.riderplanet-usa.com/atv/trails/info/florida_11846/ride_89fb.htm

Recommended, not Required: Working CB Radio, Rocker Guards, Recovery Equipment, Working E-Brake, Fire Extinguisher, Spill Kit, Fire Aid, etc...

Closest thing they have for maps...

Hardrock_Ocala.jpg

2016-02-20 10.56.39.jpg

From Stock to Modified, this is one of the best places in Florida if you are looking for Hills, Water Crossings, Obstacle Courses, Mud Bogs and Rocky Trails. Terrain varies so there is plenty for everyone! It's actually an old Lime Rock Quarry and like I said, the closest thing to "Northern" wheelin' we got!

I have been twice, once with TwistedJK last Father's Day and once with MR Ty back in February...

We typically pack snacks, lunch and drinks for the day, so I would suggest you do the same...

Attending:
  1. TwistedJK
  2. Bonedaddy
  3. IronRockZJ

Tentative:
  1. Hillbilly Escalade
  2. Flatattack

Last edited:

Dirt Foot

Put me down as tentative and I will let you know for sure asap. I look forward to meeting some fellow WALers.

Maybe.....

Hey Bonedaddy I am in Jacksonville, I might make it down there but I am supposed to go to Moab on Memorial day. If I do not make it to Moab I will definitely be joining if I do make it to Moab I probably won't. I have been there about 7 times it is as fun as you can get in Florida.

Dirt Foot

Put me down as tentative and I will let you know for sure asap. I look forward to meeting some fellow WALers.

Please change me to definitely going. Also trying to get Chipper to commit as well. We have never been to Hard Rock. Anyone know their way around?

TwistedJK

Please change me to definitely going. Also trying to get Chipper to commit as well. We have never been to Hard Rock. Anyone know their way around?

We've been there a few times. It's not a big place. The harder obstacles all have a bypass. Some of the steeper hill climbs do not. We will have more than enough time to try pretty much everything there.

Ginz

Don't think I can make it for Father's Day, too many relatives not into off-roading lol but would love to hit this place up. I'm down in Miami, give me enough notice and I may be able to make it for an event.

Top Bottom