Condoms, tampons and feces: Oregon fraternity suspended after trashing Shasta Lake

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ladies and gentlemen, may I introduce you to the future bright minds that want to save our planet...

Condoms, tampons and feces: Oregon fraternity suspended after 'disgraceful' trashing of Shasta Lake
la-university-of-oregon-fraternity-trashes-lake-shasta-campsite-20160525-006.jpg

A University of Oregon fraternity was suspended after its members allegedly trashed a campsite at Shasta Lake in Northern California over the weekend, leaving behind piles of litter, feces and beer bottles and abandoning scores of tents.

Members of Oregon's Lambda Chi Alpha chapter are now under investigation for the weekend fiasco in the Shasta-Trinity National Forest, according to Robin Holmes, the university's vice president for student life. The chapter’s national organization also suspended all of its activities until the mess is addressed.

“The manner in which the Shasta-Trinity Forest area was left is disgraceful,” Holmes said in a statement. “Trips to this area have become an annual event for fraternities and sororities all along the West Coast. It is one the University of Oregon does not sponsor or condone in any way.”

Some 1,000 students had descended on Slaughterhouse Island during the May 21 weekend and covered nearly all of the half-mile-radius campground, according to U.S. Forest Service spokeswoman Phyllis Swanson. Additionally, some 60 houseboats were docked at the location, she said.

At the campsite, authorities found sleeping bags, nearly 100 tents, clothing, designer sandals, boxes of beer cans, chairs, unopened packages of food and ice chests, including one cooler painted with the name of the fraternity and the words "Do you wanna do some blow man?" Trash almost completely littered the water’s edge.

“It was almost like aliens came down and sucked them out from where they were,” Swanson said. “Things were just found where they were last seen. I mean shoes were left behind.”

About 25 forest service employees removed up to 30 yards of trash, she said. The university, students and citizens offered to help clean up the mess, but rangers had to turn them away because of the "biohazards" found at the lake, officials said.

Condoms, tampons and lots of human feces were strewn about the campground, Swanson said. There are no restroom facilities at the island, so it appeared the visitors created one under a tent.

“It was everywhere,” Swanson said of the human waste.

Photographs, she said, “don’t do it justice.”

Read the whole article here:
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-oregon-frat-trashes-lake-shasta-20160525-snap-story.html

la-university-of-oregon-fraternity-trashes-lake-shasta-campsite-20160525-003.jpg

Really people?? :naw:

Labricon

Caught the Bug
Send them back bare foot and naked to clean their own mess....that appears to be how they left.....

Ddays

Hooked
Wow, that's just disgraceful. This is why these areas get closed to the rest of us that give a shit.

Gadget

Caught the Bug
They should have made them clean it up, or send them a bill for doing it and a very very large fine, maybe the university should suspend them for a semester also.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
You should see the way campus looks after a home football game. No condoms, or tampons, least not that I've seen. Seen lots of throw up and feces and of course lots and lots of trash and beer cans. Lots of glass bottles too even though it's "illegal" but it isn't enforced.

Usually quite a few left behind coolers and those pop up canopies. Sometimes TVs and satellite dishes. Lol. Guess people just get so drunk they forget stuff.

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
I'm not suprised.. I am intrigued though about the ridiculous amount of human feces they found. They made it a point to note about the amount of feces everywhere. I mean what the hell was going on that there was that much crap everywhere?!??

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not suprised.. I am intrigued though about the ridiculous amount of human feces they found. They made it a point to note about the amount of feces everywhere. I mean what the hell was going on that there was that much crap everywhere?!??

There are no toilets where they were camping.

Moochie

I realize these punks are morons but, don't you think that after all the years of this annual lakeside drunk fest, the Forest service would require some kind of permit for this event. Including requirements for sanitation and trash disposal/clean up.

It's sad that regulations would need to be required . This is our new entitlement generation.

Ddays

Hooked
Sad thing is that this kinda stuff has been going on forever. Ever seen photos of Woodstock? :shock: Its similar to that at any outdoor concert.
After home Steeler games at Heinz Field they have crews that wear backpack blowers and line up starting at the top of the stadium and just blow all of the shit
to the bottom. Sounds like a swarm of big ass bees for hours down there.

Groups of people are just slobs.

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
There are no toilets where they were camping.

That definitely complicates things, and is in no way an excuse for how they left this mess. I just feel like they made it a point that its everywhere.. My ridiculous imagination just has images of people walking around barefoot in it and just so drunk they don't know any better, its gross! And then to leave behind the "bio-hazards" for the park service to clean up!? I just don't get it, and intrigued was definitely the wrong word to use. I am just amazed groups of people want to get together and get so drunk they shit themselves and walk around in it..

Galo

But, but, but, this was their "safe space". A space free of differing opinions on where to deficate. A space free of hurtful words if you choose not to use a trash can. A space where freedom reigns, except for freedom of speech or thought, freedom to be morale or a person of faith.
Idiots. Should be in jail after leaving a mess like that.

Jason.

Moochie

There were at least a Thousand people there. On an island with access only by house boats and small boats. The mess on the island was probably from the people who couldn't find space to sleep on the boats.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
That's Greek life for ya.

Greek life always gets a bad rap and is thrown into the spot light all the time. I was apart of Greek life and was a founding father of my fraternity and you would never see this type of stuff from any of the Greek life on campus! Hell you would see it more from the athletes than you would Greeks. People like you saying "that's Greek life for ya" just helps fuel the fire. I bet if it was normal students you wouldn't hear about something like this in the news.

Top Bottom