Extended Power Steering Line

cforgerson

The other night I was driving home and out of nowhere there was tension in my wheel after making a turn. It was also making this odd noise every time I turned. When I got home I saw power steering fluid leaking all over my front diff and steering components. I took it to the shop that next day and he said "because of the lift it over extended the power steering line." He tightened it and didn't replace. Has anyone else every had this problem and should I look into extending my power steering line? It's a 3.8 if that makes a difference.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I have never heard of this happening and dont see how your lift could affect it at all seeing as the lines do not move when the suspension travels. If you had hydro assist thats a different story.

WJCO

Meme King
Yeah this makes no sense. Please take a picture of the line in question. Did you do a body lift maybe? Still doesn't make a lot of sense.

TRLJNKY

As both WJCO and hinrichs said there is no way I can see a lift "over extending" the power steering unless steering mods have been made somehow or a body lift. The steering box mounts to the frame rail and pump on the motor. No changes are made to the steering lines at least to my knowledge. I wonder if the return line just came loose

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Unless you're running a ram assist, I can't see how your lift would have any bearing on your power steering lines. Sounds to me like you're being fed a line of BS so that they can charge you for something you don't need. But hey, that's just me.

cforgerson

After taking a better look the line is in no way affected by suspension at all. Probably just came loose. Thanks anyways y'all

Top Bottom