Daystar Jeep Renegade Rock Sliders Installed!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It took a lot longer to get our hands on a set of Daystar Rock Sliders for our Jeep Renegade Trailhawk than we would have preferred and we almost decided to get a set made by Rocky Road Outfitters but, after finally getting them in last week and getting them installed, I think it's safe to say that we're both really happy that we waited. These rock sliders are beefy as hell, look totally factory once installed and have a boxed in design with an interior structure that helps to distribute the load caused by a big hit. I have a complete installation write-up coming soon but for now, here are a few pics of what they look like installed on Renny :cool:

For comparison sake, this is what it looked like with factory plastic rocker trim.
main.php

main.php

main.php

And, here's what it looks like now with the Daystar Rock Sliders installed.
main.php

main.php

main.php

A shot of the Daystar Rock Slider from underneath to show how it's boxed in, has a smooth bottom and wraps around the ends.
main.php

main.php

Close up of the rear end of the Daystar Rock Slider to show how it wraps around the pinch seam and fender liner tucks into it for a clean factory look.
main.php

Same close up shot only from the front.
main.php

Closer side shot.
main.php

This shot shows you what the Daystar Rock slider looks like with the driver side door open.
main.php

And this shot shows what it looks like with the rear door open.
main.php

A few overall shots.
main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

Because I've already had people asking about it, yes, you can definitely use a Hi-Lift to raise your Renegade from the Daystar Rock Sliders.
main.php

main.php

I hope this write-up has been helpful to you. I will be sure to post more pics of our Renegade out on the trail as soon as I can. :cool:

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Those look super clean! Good to see more aftermarket parts for these little guys.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Wow! They do look factory and beefy as hell! Bravo to Daystar for the design on these! Can't wait to see you put them to the test

Moochie

Those look like OEM sliders. I'm sure the extra protection will be much appreciated. [emoji106]

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
They look fantastic! Glad to see that you got them on and I look forward to the pics of them being used. :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Glad to hear you all like what you're seeing. Without question, they really do look like something that should have come on our Renegade from the factory. Funny thing is, they're built way stronger than anything on the Renegade itself :crazyeyes:

JeepJeep75

Those look really good!! Must have been tough drilling all those rivet holes into the body. [emoji33] definitely worth it though! They really do look fantastic!! [emoji106]

JeepFan

Hooked
Those sliders look solid and the install came out great! I really like how they don't stick out too far.

By the way... That is the cleanest undercarriage I've ever seen. ;)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Those look really good!! Must have been tough drilling all those rivet holes into the body. [emoji33] definitely worth it though! They really do look fantastic!! [emoji106]

LOL!! Years ago, it would have made me cringe but I've been doing this long enough that it's not that big of a deal anymore. I just take a lot more time measuring again and again so that I only have to drill once :yup:

Those sliders look solid and the install came out great! I really like how they don't stick out too far.

By the way... That is the cleanest undercarriage I've ever seen. ;)

LOL!! And you would be one to know :cheesy:

Like you, I really am happy that they don't stick out too far and yes, they really are solid. I'll post up more pics with my write-up but inside the boxed slider, you can see there's an internal structure that presses up against the bottom of the tub.

Scrambler

You have done an awesome job with that Renegade, Eddie. Looks like Daystar has put out some great products. I may have to invest in the sliders after seeing them on yours.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Those look great! They look very similar in design to the OEM sliders that were on my '13 Grand Cherokee Trail Hawk.

CarsonCindy

Administrator
Staff member
It was such a beautiful evening, we decided to take our Renegade down to the end of the street and take a few poser shots with our new Daystar Rock Sliders out on the rocks.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1465270804.907908.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1465270815.241386.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1465270826.200521.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1465270836.546576.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1465270862.949138.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1465270848.797310.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1465270960.553267.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1465271154.689388.jpg

Top Bottom