Rubicon Transfer Cases for Trade at MoTech

swampdog

Today I got wind that MoTech (house of LS wrangler swaps) is in need of Standard transfer cases that they use with their LS swaps. So here is the deal they are running for anyone that is interested:

They want your non-rubi NV241 transfer case + $500 and $75 for shipping and they will give you a rubicon case in exchange (assuming they have the in stock and need your configuration of NV241). I spoke with Brian Tull, and he told me they currently have:

(2) 2012-Current Rubicon Cases and (2) 2007-2011 Rubicon Transfer cases. There is a 5 day turnaround for shipping, which I couldn't swing as mine is my daily driver, but I though I would pass this deal on to anyone else that is interested. He anticipates having another 10-15 rubicon transfer cases for trade in the very near future. Hope this helps someone out looking for a Rubicon 4.1:1 transfer case.

swampdog

So, I have never driven a Rubi in 4L, does the 4.1:1 make THAT big of a difference over the standard transfer case? Right now, with my 6 speed and 4.88 gears I just let the clutch out in 1 and it seems to do fine. A little input from those who have operated both?

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
So, I have never driven a Rubi in 4L, does the 4.1:1 make THAT big of a difference over the standard transfer case? Right now, with my 6 speed and 4.88 gears I just let the clutch out in 1 and it seems to do fine. A little input from those who have operated both?

Big difference in crawling, just went from a rubicon to a Sahara. Sucks donkey dick to lose that crawl ratio.

It'll be a bigger difference with the stick

TwistedJK

This is good news! I'm going to see if I can swing it before Windrock. Thanks for the heads up Swampdog!

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
They can't do the exchange on 2012's, but they do have stock of them for $1000.00. Still an awesome deal.

Rancho

Caught the Bug
This isn't too bad.
Would they get your stock in "trade"?
I got mine a couple of yeas back for I think $800, but I lost my stock in the deal.
Now if I ever do a LS swap ( Ha let's be honest I won't get that by my wife...) I will need that.
:beer:

They can't do the exchange on 2012's, but they do have stock of them for $1000.00. Still an awesome deal.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
More than likely I don't ask. I have the auto.. Lol

I think I'm right on that. I've had a hard time finding one for a 2012+ auto. There is one on eBay from the same guy I bought my 4:1 case from, but he's pretty expensive on it, for some reason.

swampdog

I think I'm right on that. I've had a hard time finding one for a 2012+ auto. There is one on eBay from the same guy I bought my 4:1 case from, but he's pretty expensive on it, for some reason.

2012+ Manuals can run ANY 2007-2011 Rubi case and 2012+ ONLY manual Rubi cases.

Buster3479

I really ******** hate you guys! Just ordered one, and they wouldn't take a 12' auto case, same as you posted.

Thanks.....

Procal won't make the change, is it worth buying a flashcal, or take a trip to the dealer?

Top Bottom