Rubicon Transfer Cases for Trade at MoTech

swampdog

I really ******** hate you guys! Just ordered one, and they wouldn't take a 12' auto case, same as you posted.

Thanks.....

Procal won't make the change, is it worth buying a flashcal, or take a trip to the dealer?

Procal does correct for transfer case swaps. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1465427251.936143.jpg

Buster3479

That's my understanding, the first time you throw it in 4lo and go a little, it'll throw it in limp mode. Thanks, I'm not sure my procal is new enough for that, but I'll have to check. I don't have that page. It was 1k, plus shipping, about 83 bucks to MD.

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
So, I have never driven a Rubi in 4L, does the 4.1:1 make THAT big of a difference over the standard transfer case? Right now, with my 6 speed and 4.88 gears I just let the clutch out in 1 and it seems to do fine. A little input from those who have operated both?

I second what Piginajeep said. The difference in low end torque and crawling power between the standard and Rubi case is significant. I swapped my standard out for a Rubi case a few years back. It's one of my favorite upgrades I've done to date. This sounds like a great deal and if I didn't already have one I'd be all about it.

Buster3479

Procal does correct for transfer case swaps. View attachment 207419

Very odd. Just confirmed neither my instructions or quick guide have that section. Apparently they've updated it since I bought mine.....

:banghead:

"AEV's ProCal Module now features an all-new Transfer Case Calibration function that allows customers to install a non-stock transfer case into their 2012+ JK Wrangler (w/ A580 trans) without causing the vehicle to go into limp mode. This includes 2-speed Atlas transfer cases as well as Chrysler's Command-Trac NV241 (Sport/Sahara) and Rock-Trac NV241 (Rubicon) transfer cases.This new feature is only found on the latest version of the ProCal Module (part number 30406007AG). As of 2/18, all ProCal Modules being shipped from AEV are the latest version and include this function."

Evil

For anyone in So Cal Id be willing to pick up in Vegas and meet up in CA to drop off. Motech is across the street from my office. If that'll help lower the price some.

Kalums

Aaarrrgggghhhhhh!! I wish I had seen this earlier, not that it would have helped much I guess because I have a 13' auto. But 1000$ is still cheaper than buying it off CL

Top Bottom