Currie antirock sway bar ?

BrandonDetrick

Can Someone please explain how the antirock swaybar works ? Also what the difference between this and a normal sway bar .. Opinions are welcomed too ! Please inform me

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Can Someone please explain how the antirock swaybar works ? Also what the difference between this and a normal sway bar .. Opinions are welcomed too ! Please inform me

The Antirock uses a torsion bar with a softer rating. It'll allow you to leave your links connected and still get a good amount of flex and without having to sacrifice stability. The downside is that it will not provide the same amount of anti-sway when driving on pavement as a factory sway bar.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you ... So would you prefer the rubicon electronic disco , over the currie antirock?

Are you kidding? I actually LOVE the Rubicon e-Disco and wouldn't trade it out for a single softer rate sway bar like the Antirock. I love the fact that on pavement, you get a solid sway bar and off road, you have the option of disconnecting or not at the push of a button. Unfortunately, ours on our White JK broke - at least the electrical stuff did and so now we run an EVO MFG No Limits manual disconnect. Still way better than an Antirock.

rinkishjk

I just replaced my front edisco with the currie anti rock and I could not be happier. Its a very easy install.
I dont really notice alot more body roll and that's what I was worried about.
I am very pleased with it.
I am running the stock rear for now.
My edisco broke internally and thats my reason for switching. I couldnt see spending the coin on a dual rate.
My wife even commented on how much better it felt on the highway. I could not believe how much my broken edisco affected my handling.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130108_083926.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130108_083926.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 394
  • ForumRunner_20130108_083935.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130108_083935.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 399
  • ForumRunner_20130108_083944.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130108_083944.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 388
Last edited:

kaptkrappy

I just replaced my front edisco with the currie anti rock and I could not be happier. Its a very easy install.
I dont really notice alot more body roll and that's what I was worried about.
I am very pleased with it.
I am running the stock rear for now.
My edisco broke internally and thats my reason for switching. I couldnt see spending the coin on a dual rate.
My wife even commented on how much better it felt on the highway. I could not believe how much my broken edisco affected my handling.

rinkish SwayBar.jpg

Hey rinkish,

If this thing is in your way, you could ship it to me.... maybe ?

I also noticed that Mel still has the E-disco on EVO 1.

rinkishjk

Hey rinkish,

If this thing is in your way, you could ship it to me.... maybe ?

I also noticed that Mel still has the E-disco on EVO 1.

Im gonna take it apart and see what failed. The bar has about 3 inches of freeplay... almost like a tooth is missing. The motor was working.. if I can fix it and make it safe I will consider selling it.

kaptkrappy

Im gonna take it apart and see what failed. The bar has about 3 inches of freeplay... almost like a tooth is missing. The motor was working.. if I can fix it and make it safe I will consider selling it.

I don't want to take up to much space on the OP's thread, but

You sound like me. I would want to know what happened to it too.
I have to take things apart a stick my fingers in something or I'm not happy. (wink)

I am looking for a broken one to repair and run manually or one with the motor burned out to run manually.

Indefatigable

I have Anti-rock front and rear on my LJ. Makes for a very balanced feel, especially in side hill conditions. Way superior to being disconnected. No bounce/rock on the sidehills or going though stuff. Such a solid feeling.

I would not want to go back to a disconnected system again.

All depends on what you do with your Jeep.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have Anti-rock front and rear on my LJ. Makes for a very balanced feel, especially in side hill conditions. Way superior to being disconnected. No bounce/rock on the sidehills or going though stuff. Such a solid feeling.

I would not want to go back to a disconnected system again.

All depends on what you do with your Jeep.

The beauty of the e-disco is that you can lock it up whenever you need and unlock it just as easily and all from the comfort of your Jeep. Also, thanks to the factory sway bar having a much higher torsion rate, it offers even more stability as well. If you had a Rubicon JK, you'd know what I'm talking about and I think you'd find it to be very nice. :yup:

Indefatigable

I run alot of forest service road here getitng to/from the trails. It rains alot, so potholes! I find the anti-rock far superior for the forestry roads than having a full sway bar or disconnected.

Also the water/mud/etc of this west coast environment.... the JK Rubi auto disco deal does not last long. It is not a sealed unit...

The Anti-rock has Heim joints. I hate heim joints. They do not last long in my environment either. But are fairly inexpensive and easy to change out...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I run alot of forest service road here getitng to/from the trails. It rains alot, so potholes! I find the anti-rock far superior for the forestry roads than having a full sway bar or disconnected.

Also the water/mud/etc of this west coast environment.... the JK Rubi auto disco deal does not last long. It is not a sealed unit...

The Anti-rock has Heim joints. I hate heim joints. They do not last long in my environment either. But are fairly inexpensive and easy to change out...

:cheesy: You win my friend. You don't own a JK but clearly have all the answers and that's cool. More power to you for loving what you've chosen to buy. For my purposes, I'm not here to try and convince you of anything. I'll just continue being satified with what came on my JK. :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
BrandonDetrick, if you're e-disco is still working, I would recommend that you keep it. If it's broken, I would recommend that you convert it to an EVO MFG No Limits manual disco. It's cheap and works well. Of course, that's just my opinion :yup:

BrandonDetrick

BrandonDetrick, if you're e-disco is still working, I would recommend that you keep it. If it's broken, I would recommend that you convert it to an EVO MFG No Limits manual disco. It's cheap and works well. Of course, that's just my opinion :yup:

Well Eddie your opinion is a highly respect one by me .. I do agree with you about the e disco. It is really nice. . Do you still have the factory rear swaybar

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well Eddie your opinion is a highly respect one by me .. I do agree with you about the e disco. It is really nice. . Do you still have the factory rear swaybar

Yup, sure do even with my coil overs that have 14" of vertical travel. I used to run a custom sway bar similar to the Antirock but found I like the factory JK rear bar better. It's a much softer rate torsion bar and one that offers plenty of flex and stability. :yup:

BrandonDetrick

Yup, sure do even with my coil overs that have 14" of vertical travel. I used to run a custom sway bar similar to the Antirock but found I like the factory JK rear bar better. It's a much softer rate torsion bar and one that offers plenty of flex and stability. :yup:

And you leave it connected all the time ?

Top Bottom