Body Lift Question

JeepSpurs

I'm a noob, so here is a noob question. What is the difference between a body lift and a suspension lift ? I've seen a lot of threads about suspension lifts and a few references to body lifts and would like to know what benefits are derived from each.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'm a noob, so here is a noob question. What is the difference between a body lift and a suspension lift ? I've seen a lot of threads about suspension lifts and a few references to body lifts and would like to know what benefits are derived from each.

First off, welcome to WAYALIFE!!

To answer your question, a body lift is a series of small round pucks made out of aluminum or polyurethane, are typically 1" tall and are designed to stacked on top of your factory rubber mounts separating the tub or body of your Jeep from the frame. Installing a body lift is the cheapest way to gain an additional inch of fender clearance and will allow you to install slightly bigger tires but it will not change or improve the characteristics of your suspension at all.

A suspension lift will use spacers on top of your coils or use taller one to physically lift your entire vehicle higher off the ground. This will give you more ground clearance, more articulation and can improve your overall off road capabilities.

More answers to questions like this can be found here:

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?...stions-Every-Newbie-has-about-the-JK-Wrangler

:cool:

JeepSpurs

First off, welcome to WAYALIFE!!

To answer your question, a body lift is a series of small round pucks made out of aluminum or polyurethane, are typically 1" tall and are designed to stacked on top of your factory rubber mounts separating the tub or body of your Jeep from the frame. Installing a body lift is the cheapest way to gain an additional inch of fender clearance and will allow you to install slightly bigger tires but it will not change or improve the characteristics of your suspension at all.

A suspension lift will use spacers on top of your coils or use taller one to physically lift your entire vehicle higher off the ground. This will give you more ground clearance, more articulation and can improve your overall off road capabilities.

More answers to questions like this can be found here:

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?...stions-Every-Newbie-has-about-the-JK-Wrangler

:cool:

Thank you ! I've been reading a lot of threads here for the past few days and have learned a lot, but realize that I need to learn so much more. I'm really liking this community, just wish there were more of these folks near East Tennessee...

Top Bottom