Info on gears

Holeshot

Banned
hey guys, as some of you knows, I got a deal on a dynatrac PR44U and yesterday I was looking over northridge for gears and, I noticed that there is some that are reverse cut. I took a look at the dynatrac website and they do mention that the pr44u has reverse cut ring and pinion. Afterward I had to work on the jeep and noticed that the pinion is on the other side than the usual differentials.

So does that mean I need a reverse for the front and a normal for the rear?

Thanks for the info.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
To save you any further confusion, you should just make sure to order gears (plural as you will need one for both front and rear) for a JK as they are made specifically for them. :yup:

Holeshot

Banned
yea I know and that's the way I will go (JK D44/D44 package 4.88)

But it's just for my own knowledge, just curious :standing wave:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Reverse cut is used for high pinion applications. A regular cut is used for low pinion. The JK has a high pinion front and rear axle.

Holeshot

Banned
ho really? I thought they were low pinion in the rear. thanks for the input! so they are both reverse cut :thumb: thanks

Holeshot

Banned
Another question, but this time regarding the gear install.

Does all dana axles ajust the same way? I mean, for pinion measurements to put the right shim, etc.?

Holeshot

Banned
In the overhaul kit (I'll probably go with motive gear package for D44/D44) Does the inner seals for the front differential are included in the kit or I need to buy them seperatly? I tried to see pictures of the kit on google but I only see the pinion seal.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
In the overhaul kit (I'll probably go with motive gear package for D44/D44) Does the inner seals for the front differential are included in the kit or I need to buy them seperatly? I tried to see pictures of the kit on google but I only see the pinion seal.

You will not need to replace your front axle seals.

Holeshot

Banned
Well Eddie, it seems your forgot the deal I had for the PR44U ;) I'm gonna need every thing to build my new dynatrac.

What I will have in hand :

ARB locker
Dynatrac Diff cover
Dynatrac Balljoints
RCV axles

So I will buy a master overhaul kit and 4,88 gears from motive gear on northridge and I was wondering if I should buy new axle seals for the front, I guess I could not save my old, If I try to remove them I will scrap them, so obviously, yes I'm gonna need some seals.

And, talking about the prorock44 unlimited makes me think of something... In the spec they say it is suitable for jk's with 2.5" of lift or more. But actually I'm running a 2" lift kit. Do you think I may have some issues when I'll make the alignment?

Top Bottom