Mel running 245/65R17 on ECO1

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What's so cool about this is that he trimmed the strut to clear the tires and that allowed him to retain the factory scrub radius. In other words, there's no rubbing of the pinch seam when turning.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
What's so cool about this is that he trimmed the strut to clear the tires and that allowed him to retain the factory scrub radius. In other words, there's no rubbing of the pinch seam when turning.

Yeah I was wondering about that, after looking at the wife's Renegade. That strut is a problem.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I may go the route Eddie did, & trim the pinch seams. The wife wants her Renegade set up just like Renny!

andyoconnor83

Can we get more information on the trimming modification? 245/65R17 is the stock Cherokee Trailhawk wheel/tire size and a friend offered them to me as he upgraded his CTH. I've got a Sport 4x4 with 16s currently and know that they would rub like crazy without some modifications...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That was quick, wonder why he got rid of it so fast?

Cindy and I took he and his family out wheeling with our Renegades. He hated it. Afterward, he said that he had no faith in it's ability to ever be something you could ever really wheel. I tried explaining to him that it wasn't EVO 1 and that you needed to drive a Renegade differently. He said that most people wouldn't know how to do that and promptly sold his.

FireHawk

That's a shame. I was looking forward to seeing what the had in store for the platform.

Me too. They were probably the only hope of an offroad company really putting out anything for the Renegade.

I understand that these little Jeeps aren't Wranglers by any means, but plenty of people want to take these things offroad and play with them a little. For the guys that are even more adventurous, they have shown to be pretty capable for what they are.

Top Bottom