PSC Ram assist leaking?

Hey y'all, I have a PSC Ram assist setup on my JK. I have a leak coming from under the pump. Pulled the pump off a few days ago to find the O-ring in between the reservoir and the pump had a crack in it, replaced it, and put it back in the Jeep. It leaked again. Pulled the pump off again and found a small piece of metal sitting in there with the new o-ring. Removed it, put a new o-ring on, and put it back together. It didn't leak for a few days but now it's leaking again. It's dripping off the bottom of the pump.

Has anyone else had this issue?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I haven't had a problem with a leak at the pump but I have had one very similar to it at the reservoir. In fact, I still have it in spite of changing out the o-ring a couple of times. When I find the time, I'm going to try and see if I can address it with some teflon paste - the yellow kind meant for gas, fuel and oils.

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
I am currently dealing with the very same leak right out of the gate, but once we figure it out, I'll share. So far, we changed the lines, which helped.

I haven't had a problem with a leak at the pump but I have had one very similar to it at the reservoir. In fact, I still have it in spite of changing out the o-ring a couple of times. When I find the time, I'm going to try and see if I can address it with some teflon paste - the yellow kind meant for gas, fuel and oils.

Are you talking about where the reservoir bolts to the pump?

Yeah mines brand new too, it started leaking a week after it was installed.

jeeeep

Hooked
that pentosin is a full synthetic, I've never used it but wonder if that has anything to do with it.
i use swepco now but before just the normal non-full synth generic brand.
only leak i had was the type of fitting the installer used, no other issues

that pentosin is a full synthetic, I've never used it but wonder if that has anything to do with it.
i use swepco now but before just the normal non-full synth generic brand.
only leak i had was the type of fitting the installer used, no other issues

I've got a couple friends around here that run it in their ram assist setups with no issues. I'll try something else though and see if it works.

Ddays

Hooked
Developed a leak in mine this past week in Moab. Gotta chase it down but its near the steering box. Its drenched with fluid. I'm running the Swepco 715 like Jeeeep. Summit has good pricing on it. WIN_20160709_221003.jpg

Top Bottom