LOD front bumpers

TrailRidden

So i am going to order my new front bumper in the next couple of days and I am pretty set on the LOD signature series shorty front bumper. The only thing i cant choose between is the bull bar or the stinger. Any suggestions or personal experiences between the two? also, anyone know how far the stinger sticks out from the grill?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I've owned both and can tell you that you can't go wrong with either. Having said that, I prefer the look of a stinger. Off the top of my head, I don't know how much it sticks out but, I believe it was about a foot or just a bit more.

TrailRidden

I also really like the stinger look, i was just a little hesitant on how far it actually sticks out. im sure the angle of most pics just make it look huge. :idontknow:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I also really like the stinger look, i was just a little hesitant on how far it actually sticks out. im sure the angle of most pics just make it look huge. :idontknow:

It really isn't as bad as you'd think. I mean, it's out there but, you definitely know where it is. If you like the look, I would go with it.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
I had the Signature Series stinger on my JK. I loved it. The stinger was the perfect length and angle, looked great. Here's a few pics that should give you a pretty good idea of how long and far it sticks out.

IMG_0902.jpg

IMG_0909.jpg

IMG_0893.jpg

IMG_0905.jpg

Best bumper I've ran on my JK.

Paisano

I have the same bumper and I chose to go with a Stinger. My friends knocked me and joked about cutting it off if I got it. Now they like it at first they said that ones not bad as far as Stingers go. To now my friend wants that same bumper.

TrailRidden

Highoctane, i appreciate the pics! the first one is exactly the pic ive been looking for. i love it. ordering now.haha:thumb:

TrailRidden

That mid-width looks great! i was looking into those but figured the shorty would save a little weight and allow the tires to contact obstacles a little sooner.

Does anyone know if I can add the stinger to my already mounted LoD shorty? Understanding that I would have to remove the powder coat from that area and have it redone. I am looking more if anyone knows if LoD will sell me just the stinger. I have sent them an email with no response as of yet. Just thought I would check here if anyone knows.

Thanks

andrew -

flick

That mid-width looks great! i was looking into those but figured the shorty would save a little weight and allow the tires to contact obstacles a little sooner.

When I ordered my LoD Signature Series Shorty, I talked with Chris @ LoD about the weight, and he told me that the shorty is actually heavier than the Mid-Width. He said the weights on their website are a little off, since they have done some minor redesigns, but they clearly show that the shorty weighs more.

Top Bottom