King coil overs or compression adjustable shocks?

Zadi

Hey everyone, Zadi here. I'm a new member to the forum. I became interested after watching some of the videos put out by Wayalife! Seem like a great bunch of people, enjoying their jeeps and traveling to amazing places! I would love to get involved!
I have a quick question regarding some suspension upgrades. I'm trying to decide between King coilovers and the King compression adjustable reservoir shocks! I currently have a 3.5 super flex RE lift. Jeep spends a fair amount of time on the road, so I'm looking for a road "friendly" upgrade! Any help would be appreciated!!
Thanks
Zadi

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If you can afford to run coil overs, that's really what you'd want. You will need to get mounts for them and EVO MFG makes a bolt on kit that I would recommend highly. Assuming your Superflex kit came with the fixed length front lower control arms, I would also recommend that you replace them with a set of adjustable arms. If all that's more than you can afford, the reservoir shocks will serve your purposes well too.

Oh, by the way, welcome to WAYALIFE :thumb:

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I agree with what Wayalife said. Coilovers are the way to go. They are in my build list and I can tell you from driving a 12' with 37's and EVO Mfg. bolt-on coilovers it rides like a dream. Very road friendly and you won't believe your driving a Jeep. If you can afford it I wouldn't spend my money anywhere else.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Anyone going to KOH have EVO bolt on coilovers and 37s (preferably Nitto TG's). I'd like to do a ride comparison and see whether I need to spend more money. :)

Zadi

Thanks everyone for the replies!! My lift did indeed come with fixed lower control arms. Based on your recommendations, I will be going with the EVO coilovers and adjustable lower control arms!! I like that I will have more adjustable setup for fine tuning. I feel they would also work well with future upgrades!
As soon as I figure out how to post pictures, I'll put up some pics of my JK!
This is my first jeep and I'm loving it!
Do you guys know of any clubs that go out trail riding in the Atlanta area??
Thanks again
Zadi

Top Bottom