Lift kit sag help

BigBlueRu

Hello. I am wanting to see if I can add a 1" TeraFlex coil spacer to front of my 2010 JKU Rubicon to help sag and rake without any driveshaft problems or any other problems. It has 2.5" ReadyLift coil spring kit 35" Federal mud tires. Barricade HD bumpers and front skid , Smittybilt oil/tranny skid plate , rock Sliders , Smittybilt Flat metal fenders , Bilstein 5100 1-3" lift shocks. I measured 7" in front in between top of axle tube and frame and 8" in the rear. So if I add a 1" spacer to the front it should put me at 3" of lift front and rear are my thoughts but I'm newer to this so any advice is appreciated. I don't want to have to modify driveshaft or anything else really at this time but I go out and flex it fully on weekends. Sorry if this has been asked I'm new here and couldn't find it. Thanks in advance for any help.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hello. I am wanting to see if I can add a 1" TeraFlex coil spacer to front of my 2010 JKU Rubicon to help sag and rake without any driveshaft problems or any other problems. It has 2.5" ReadyLift coil spring kit 35" Federal mud tires. Barricade HD bumpers and front skid , Smittybilt oil/tranny skid plate , rock Sliders , Smittybilt Flat metal fenders , Bilstein 5100 1-3" lift shocks. I measured 7" in front in between top of axle tube and frame and 8" in the rear. So if I add a 1" spacer to the front it should put me at 3" of lift front and rear are my thoughts but I'm newer to this so any advice is appreciated. I don't want to have to modify driveshaft or anything else really at this time but I go out and flex it fully on weekends. Sorry if this has been asked I'm new here and couldn't find it. Thanks in advance for any help.

Is it safe to assume you're still running a factory front drive shaft? If so, if you've flexed out your suspension and if you haven't torn the slip shaft boot, your shocks are clearly short enough to prevent that from happening. Assuming you really do have 2.5" of lift, adding an additional 1" to that won't increase your chances of damaging that boot but what 3.5" will do is put the CV boot on the output shaft in a constant state of pinch. It won't happen right away but this will cause the boot to fail sooner than later and when it goes, the bearings inside will fail.

BigBlueRu

Thank you

Is it safe to assume you're still running a factory front drive shaft? If so, if you've flexed out your suspension and if you haven't torn the slip shaft boot, your shocks are clearly short enough to prevent that from happening. Assuming you really do have 2.5" of lift, adding an additional 1" to that won't increase your chances of damaging that boot but what 3.5" will do is put the CV boot on the output shaft in a constant state of pinch. It won't happen right away but this will cause the boot to fail sooner than later and when it goes, the bearings inside will fail.

Thank you for the information. Yes I have stock driveshafts. I have Bilstein 5100 length is 15" collapse and 24.63 extended. I wasn't really looking to get 3 1/2 inches of actual lift height I was only trying to actually get to 3 inches. With all the weight I added I think I'm at 2 inches in front due to sag. I will remeasure this weekend with specs jkbrick sent me. My boot is not tore it did look a lil stressed out and clamp popped off in one spot. Basically just want to level out if possible cuz sagging in front. I think the rear is at 3" actual lift height and front at 2" lift height after weight sag. Just wondering if a can add any height in spacer to level without problems.

JKbrick

Thank you for the image I will measure this weekend. What about the rear dimensions do you happen to have an image of those dimensions thanks again

I've not seen an image like this for the back, if you know someone with a stock jk you could measure it

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you for the information. Yes I have stock driveshafts. I have Bilstein 5100 length is 15" collapse and 24.63 extended. I wasn't really looking to get 3 1/2 inches of actual lift height I was only trying to actually get to 3 inches. With all the weight I added I think I'm at 2 inches in front due to sag. I will remeasure this weekend with specs jkbrick sent me. My boot is not tore it did look a lil stressed out and clamp popped off in one spot. Basically just want to level out if possible cuz sagging in front. I think the rear is at 3" actual lift height and front at 2" lift height after weight sag. Just wondering if a can add any height in spacer to level without problems.

Again, even IF your shocks are short enough to prevent your front drive shaft slip boot from making contact with your exhaust cross over and tearing it off, the CV boot at the output shaft will STILL sit in a state of constant pinch with 3" of lift. Not a serious problem but sooner than later, this pinch WILL cause it to fail. Not saying this should be alarming to you, just that it is something to be aware of.

BigBlueRu

Again, even IF your shocks are short enough to prevent your front drive shaft slip boot from making contact with your exhaust cross over and tearing it off, the CV boot at the output shaft will STILL sit in a state of constant pinch with 3" of lift. Not a serious problem but sooner than later, this pinch WILL cause it to fail. Not saying this should be alarming to you, just that it is something to be aware of.

Ok thank you

JKbrick

20.75" shock & 11 5/8" spring. So I'm getting 2.25" of lift in front on a 2.5" lift kit after sag. Which isn't bad for the 300lbs of front armor I've added. Thanks for your help

The Brick had 3/4" of rake stock so I stuck a 3/4" spacer on top of the new coil along with keeping the factory spring cushion and it works fine

BigBlueRu

The Brick had 3/4" of rake stock so I stuck a 3/4" spacer on top of the new coil along with keeping the factory spring cushion and it works fine

I would like to level it out with 3/4 front spacer but don't want driveshaft problems.

JKbrick

I would like to level it out with 3/4 front spacer but don't want driveshaft problems.

Honestly your driveshaft joints will fail anyways, just many a little quicker. So run them and save for new ones then when the stockers fail you will have the new ones to put in

Top Bottom