Why and when Should you use a high steer lift kit?

Ivog993

Question, when Should you use a high steer kit.
The JK has just 2,5" inch lift kit Rubicon expres and runs 285/70r17 on stock Rubicon wheels without wheel spacers. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1471721870.354833.jpg

JKbrick

The kit raises your drag link and track bar back to factory geometry for better steering. I think you are supposed to have 3 1/2" of lift and 3" bump stops to install a flip kit

Andy5160

Hooked
I have RE 3.5 lift, upgrading my shocks to Ranccho's 9000 hopefully this coming week. RE shocks are horrible. EVO drag link flip kit was delivered yesterday and will be installed next week as well. Also on top of the geometry correction you can relocate your steering stabilizer which is basically defenseless as stock set up.

Gravedigger11

3.5 inches or greater lift is correct. I run a 3.5 RK lift with rancho high steer knuckles and a synergy drag link flip and synergy raised track bar bracket with a ruffstuff one ton tie rid. Drives better than stock. I also believe you need 17 inch wheels and 4.5 inch backspacing to run a flip. The drag link flip and track bar bracket go hand in hand when doing it helps eliminate bump steer. With a 2.5 inch lift and stock tires you should be good

JeepJeep75

Here's a pic of the EVO 3inch Enforcer at full stuff with the DL flip. As you can see, the drag link is pretty close to frame. Any less than a 3 inch bump stop would be uncomfortable I think. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1471742411.644148.jpg

10abadilla/jk

I have a 3in bds suspension lift kit. Right now I have 17in kmc 4.53 backspacing on 285/70 17. I am going to 37s In about 10,000 when the tires are finally done. My question is should I install a drag link flip, track bar relocation and steering stabilizer relocation. I see everyone is saying the minimum is 3.5in lift. I am asking because I have mild bump steer.

Gravedigger11

I have a 3in bds suspension lift kit. Right now I have 17in kmc 4.53 backspacing on 285/70 17. I am going to 37s In about 10,000 when the tires are finally done. My question is should I install a drag link flip, track bar relocation and steering stabilizer relocation. I see everyone is saying the minimum is 3.5in lift. I am asking because I have mild bump steer.

I would. Your angles are off causing the bump steer. The bracket and drag link flip is said it may not be the cure but usually is

JeepJeep75

Yea, I think you should. My steering to me feels just like factory with zero bump steer. Drag link flip working exactly as advertised. [emoji6][emoji3]

JKbrick

Did you use this and see how much actual lift you have? I would think 3" of lift with 3" bump stops would still work
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1471746006.076364.jpg

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Question, when Should you use a high steer kit.
The JK has just 2,5" inch lift kit Rubicon expres and runs 285/70r17 on stock Rubicon wheels without wheel spacers. View attachment 218330
Are you talking about a stang link flip kit or a high steer kit cause these are two completely different things. If your talking about a high steer kit there is no need to ever really run one unless your running a 60 or something up front. If your trying to run a drag link flip kit then make sure you use the chart below to see how much lift you actually have. If you have around 3" of lift then you may benefit from a drag link flip. If your under 3" and closer to 2.5 then you prob wouldn't have enough lift to run one.

JKbrick

Are you talking about a stang link flip kit or a high steer kit cause these are two completely different things. If your talking about a high steer kit there is no need to ever really run one unless your running a 60 or something up front. If your trying to run a drag link flip kit then make sure you use the chart below to see how much lift you actually have. If you have around 3" of lift then you may benefit from a drag link flip. If your under 3" and closer to 2.5 then you prob wouldn't have enough lift to run one.

Hey coz, I may have "steered" him wrong by assuming he meant a drag link flip. Can you tell or show me what a high steer kit is?

WJCO

Meme King
I believe hi-steer puts your tie rod and drag link higher for ground clearance issues. Not 100% sure though.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Hey coz, I may have "steered" him wrong by assuming he meant a drag link flip. Can you tell or show me what a high steer kit is?

I believe hi-steer puts your tie rod and drag link higher for ground clearance issues. Not 100% sure though.

Lol he might have steered you in the wrong direction in the first place but you counter steered to try and give him what he may have been originally asking but with the wrong words.

As WJ said it moves the tie rod and drag link up and puts the on top of the knuckle like you would for the DL flip. Rancho now sells the high steer knuckles and you may have seen them posted about a month ago. If you take a look at moby, rubicat, evo1, basically all the rigs running double throw downs and 60's they all have high steer kits.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LOL!! Thanks coz for finally chiming in and clearing things up. I was just about to post up when I saw yours :crazyeyes:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Lol he might have steered you in the wrong direction in the first place but you counter steered to try and give him what he may have been originally asking but with the wrong words.

As WJ said it moves the tie rod and drag link up and puts the on top of the knuckle like you would for the DL flip. Rancho now sells the high steer knuckles and you may have seen them posted about a month ago. If you take a look at moby, rubicat, evo1, basically all the rigs running double throw downs and 60's they all have high steer kits.

Here is what a high steer looks like. This is The guys rig from Florida
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1471787642.489676.jpg .

Top Bottom