Remembering 9-11 where were you?

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
I woke up for school to my mom telling me what was happening. Not having a full grasp or understanding it didn't really sink in. I spent 1st period history staring at the TV as history unfolded before my eyes. The images burned into my mind. Forever instilling a love for America and all those who fight for our freedoms. God Bless America and all of our service men and women, military, law enforcement, fire fighters, EMTs, and patriots. Never forget those who have fallen.

JKRicky

Was sitting in my biology class my sophomore year in high school watching on the tv as my teacher was crying. Was a surreal day that I'll never forget.

Napalm

I was in 4th grade. Parents picked me up from school. I saw the news, but didn't understand what was happening. It never made since to me at that age, but it does now.

Every year I watch MSNBC where they replay the newscast from that day, and each time it gives me chills. God bless the victims and the families of those victims. Also, the military, firefighters, medics, police officers, and everyone who gave the ultimate sacrifice that day.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
On the way to work. I heard about the first plane, and assumed it must have been a small aircraft. When the second plane hit, I knew what it was. I went to a gun shop, that afternoon, and bought a handgun, although I had to wait to pick it up, because of that stupid Brady Bill. At that time, we didn't know what would happen.

Bustedback

I was getting ready for work when it happened. I had to go to a function in Oakland, but the whole Bay Area was practically in lockdown and traffic was even more of a mess than usual.

trailless

Caught the Bug
In 5th grade. Didn't know the exact moment as we were outside walking to another building. However, when we got into the classroom the teacher had a worried look on her face. She explained that there had been an accident in NYC. They didn't share much else or even let us watch the news broadcast.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
I was in high school working at Burger King when a customer came in and told us about it. My wife and I made it over to the 9/11 memorial earlier this year. If anyone gets the chance I highly recommend it.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1473608296.915785.jpg

thardy

Banned
It was my junior year of high school. We first heard about the first plane in between classes. At first we all thought it was a small plane and just an accident. We started watching coverage when I made it into my Physics class and watched the second plane hit. I honestly didn't know what to think, much like many others, but the reality of the situation sank in the following class. I always made it to my English class a little early, and this day was nothing different, except my teacher had a very worried look on her face, and different than all the other teachers. I asked what was going on (other than the obvious) and she said that her husband was on a plane from Atlanta to NY and she had not been able to get in touch with him. Shortly after that, students started filing in and class started, when her phone rang. Luckily, her husband was ok and landed safely in VA (I believe). I will never forget the look of worry on her face and then the look of relief after getting the call.

NEVER FORGET - 9-11-01

JKbrick

Had a small tv in my office to do safety videos for my employees and watched the news every morning so I saw the whole thing unfold. Didn't seem real. I was in my second year of my volunteer fire career and watched as all the citizens and fellow first responders perished. Very sad day for America. Still wish I could have been there to be honest

BamBamDeer

I was camping at Sallisaw Creek Landing with the Wife and kids. Listening to the news and just couldn't believe it. We packed up and went home to follow it on television. Very Sad Day.

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
Wow, a lot of youngsters in this thread I guess. I feel old.

I was working at my insurance claims job in the bay area. I remember hearing about it and then someone turned on the TV. It was very scary to watch, but for sure, ALL of the phones stopped ringing and our work came to a halt. I went home early and stayed with my girlfriend at the time. My friend, who was active military, had his backpack ready by noon and was ready to go. I was kinda envious of him in that I wanted to do something to combat that attack. However, I was a bit too old and really did what I could (and still do) to support our warriors.

I will for sure never forget that day. Never.

ob_tj

I was in the 2nd grade when it happened. I remember teachers rolling TVs in to class rooms to watch what was happening. Being in the fire service now not a day goes by that I don't remember the 343 that gave their lives to save so many others. 1473610489397.jpg 1473610516891.jpg
Rest easy brothers we will take it from here..

Freshman in college, walking back to the dorms from class. Started to see people rushing around campus to get to a TV to see what was happening. Had no idea what was going on and then my mom called on my cell. Tragic day, tough loss for the country and families affected, but we pulled through stronger than ever. Never Forget.

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
8th grade. My mother woke me up and said that I should come downstairs and watch what's going on. I watched the second plane hit live on the Today show.

Never forget.

AZMikeD

My wife and I were taking a redeye back from Vegas to Baltimore through Charlotte. We were on approach to Baltimore when it happened. As we walked through the airport we noticed in one of the eating areas a bunch of people huddled around a TV. We were groggy from the redeye and just wanted to get home. We didn't know what happened until we got in the car and turned the radio on.

I was supposed to go into work at noon and the plan was to nap beforehand. There would be no sleeping that morning.

Thinking back it still seems so surreal. The goosebumps on my arms are real.

Last edited:

Corby417

Wow, a lot of youngsters in this thread I guess.

I was thinking that same thing.

Anyways, I was in 6th grade science class when a principal came in and interrupted the class to tell us what had happened. We just sat there in silence for the remainder of the class. I can recall my Spanish teacher welcoming us to class and not saying a word after that, but she had the radio on the entire class. Following that, we weren't allowed outside for lunch like usual and all of our after school activities were canceled. It wasn't until I got home from school that I actually saw what had happened. I can't imagine the horrors that the people of New York had to deal with that day.

tallguy26

Caught the Bug
I was in 7th grade math class. I remember the TV suddenly coming on then my teacher who was a marine vet stopping class and see him cry as the second plane hit the towers. They then sent everyone home early.

JeepJeep75

I was working on some game show pilot at a TV studio in Hollywood. We all just stood in front of a tv watching in disbelief. Then the second plane hit. We all went home not to long after. At that moment I knew the world had just changed, just not sure how.

Exodus 4x4

At my ex girlfriends house on pre-deployment leave. Platoon commander called my cell to see if I was ok and then tell me to get my ass back to base. A month later I was in Egypt for a multinational exercise, hoping General Mattis would take a detour.

Top Bottom