Teraflex 2.5 coil lift - add 1" spacer?

RUBEERCON

My friend has the Teraflex 2.5 coil spring lift and fox shocks. He is wanting to add 1" spacers front and rear. Can this be done? Do you have to extend anything or drop anything to compensate for the inch?

He doesn't want to change lifts but wishes he had bought a 3.5/4" lift.

Big Bad Wolf

I did exactly this! I added 1.5 in front and 1" in rear.

My front stock driveshaft failed at this height after a few months which is common when you lift.

You may also need new adjustable sway bar links and brake lines.. I could be wrong, I just know I changed them at some point. I ran 35" tires.

I say go ahead and do it but save for taller coils later on.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
My friend has the Teraflex 2.5 coil spring lift and fox shocks. He is wanting to add 1" spacers front and rear. Can this be done? Do you have to extend anything or drop anything to compensate for the inch?

Yes you can add them.

crowrb29

Teraflex 2.5 coil lift - add 1" spacer?

You can absolutely add them but you may want to get extended brake lines and probably an adjustable trackbar for at least the front because your front axle might be pretty off center at 3.25-3.5 inches of lift. After you add them and before you take it out do a flex test to see how everything looks in the way of brake lines and everything clearing the way it should like driveshafts, shocks aren't maxed out and so on.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

TeraFlex 2.5" coils yield over 3" of lift. He's now wanting to add 1" spacers bringing him up to over 4" of lift. I can only assume he's running 37's or bigger? At this height, his suspension and steering geometry will be WAY off and if nothing else, I would install a drag link flip/front track bar relocation kit, longer sway bar links, longer brake lines and if he hasn't already address his drive shafts, they will need to be addressed now as well. Of course, if he doesn't have them already, installing adjustable front lower and rear upper control arms will be needed to help set caster up front and set the pinion angle in the rear.

RUBEERCON

No just 35" tires that do not currently rub, another guy that just wants a taller meaner looking jeep...
So in this case it would be better to add some tube fenders and call it a day.
It's a daily driver that gets minimal wheeling during the cooler months, he is already set up perfectly for his needs.

Thanks guys I'll let him know what he is up against.
Steve

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
No just 35" tires that do not currently rub, another guy that just wants a taller meaner looking jeep...
So in this case it would be better to add some tube fenders and call it a day.
It's a daily driver that gets minimal wheeling during the cooler months, he is already set up perfectly for his needs.

Thanks guys I'll let him know what he is up against.
Steve

Umm, yeah. 4"+ is a bit on the sky high poser looking side for just a set of 35's. Or, at least in my opinion. If it were me, I'd just trim the factory fenders and call it a day.

Greenmachine14

Umm, yeah. 4"+ is a bit on the sky high poser looking side for just a set of 35's. Or, at least in my opinion. If it were me, I'd just trim the factory fenders and call it a day.

This is correct I have a lot of fender gap with my 3" Synergy coils and my 35s. I already want 37s with my 3" lift due to this. Can't imagine having 4" lift with 35" tire looking good.

Top Bottom