Given the choice for engine swap jeep

danco3636

Getting some ideas for a future jeep project -
Given the choice for engine swapped jeep, (supercharged) LS or Hemi.
Which jeep model to put this into and build up?
LJ
JK 2 door
JK 4 door
TJ

I have a 4d JK already but looking to do another project jeep in the future.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If it were me, I'd put it in the Jeep I preferred to wheel the most and could benefit from the power. Looking at your list, there's only one that comes to mind.

geberhard

Douchebag
What is the purpose of the rig? Wheeler only or streteable rig? What type of wheeling do you do? Since you are in Cali, any pre smog CJ, and modify frame and throw whatever tub you want on it, even a JK :) I like the LS direction over a HEMi swap on a JK for multiple reasons, and my long term plan (when the 3.8 eventually goes) will likely be a LS swap.

danco3636

What is the purpose of the rig? Wheeler only or streteable rig? What type of wheeling do you do? Since you are in Cali, any pre smog CJ, and modify frame and throw whatever tub you want on it, even a JK :) I like the LS direction over a HEMi swap on a JK for multiple reasons, and my long term plan (when the 3.8 eventually goes) will likely be a LS swap.

Interesting idea.

Purpose is to have a bad ass jeep (fun project) that can be street driven and will go through the Rubicon (I live close by) and also perhaps beach (sand) fun and run local and other trails. I live in Northern California.

I like the idea of coil overs perhaps EVO DD.
Something fun to ride and not going to be a daily driver. Project jeep able to ride on the road to the trails.

Top Bottom