JKX Alaska

sjd78

First off Eddie/Cindy if this is the wrong sub forum to discuss this I apologize.

So I watched the latest JKX, Alaska last night. The footage and overall video left me less than impressed. Am I alone in the fact that I really miss Eddie & Cindy's creative style. You guys always get the right shots, always provide awesome covererage of any run you video, the music choices always compliment the footage perfectly not to mention the voice over you guys do that not only helps the viewers feel like part of the experience but the little tid bits of history really tie it all together! It's none of my business why you guys aren't a part of the JKX anymore but it's definitely my opinion that it's a big loss not having you! If it's taboo to discuss this I'm sorry, but with all the time and hard work you two put into the outstanding videos you produce it's nice to hear how much it's appreciated once in a while! My hats off to you! :thumb::rock:

WJCO

Meme King
Coincidentally, I had one of the new JKX video thumbnails pop up on the side of youtube yesterday, it was a South Dakota one from a few months ago. I turned it off about a third of the way through. It wasn't the same without Eddie and Cindy. And it wasn't even done well enough to keep my attention. Oh well.

USMC Wrangler

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
First off Eddie/Cindy if this is the wrong sub forum to discuss this I apologize.

So I watched the latest JKX, Alaska last night. The footage and overall video left me less than impressed. Am I alone in the fact that I really miss Eddie & Cindy's creative style. You guys always get the right shots, always provide awesome covererage of any run you video, the music choices always compliment the footage perfectly not to mention the voice over you guys do that not only helps the viewers feel like part of the experience but the little tid bits of history really tie it all together! It's none of my business why you guys aren't a part of the JKX anymore but it's definitely my opinion that it's a big loss not having you! If it's taboo to discuss this I'm sorry, but with all the time and hard work you two put into the outstanding videos you produce it's nice to hear how much it's appreciated once in a while! My hats off to you! :thumb::rock:

Cindy and I are truly flattered and appreciate the kind words. In spite of what some will try to suggest, there is nothing "taboo" about discussing the JKX and Mel and Lisa are still good friends of ours. Attending the JKX is very expensive and very time consuming as we ALWAYS drove out to the locations and back. We literally stopped wheeling a month before each of the events just to ensure our Jeep was in good working order for them. The filming of the events were grueling and it demanded us being the first up in the morning and typically, the last ones to bed. Of course, making videos of them after the fact could easily take a couple of months of solid work as it can take as much as day to produce a minute of footage and contrary to what some seem to believe, this was all done on our dime. I hope you understand that we aren't complaining about any of this as we felt privileged to have attended so many of these events, we simply started to feel like our whole life was becoming the JKX and with them now doing multiple events a year, it literally would be. And... that's far from what we'd prefer our WAYALIFE to be all about.

Again, thank you for your kind words and we hope that you'll continue to follow our adventures even if they aren't a part of the JKX.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Man... there is just NO PLEASING some of you... :grayno:

LOL!! No, there really isn't. You guys get tons of love on FB and plenty of people happy that Cindy and I no longer make JKX videos and yet one guy saying nice things about what we have done gets under your skin. Come on Drew :crazyeyes:

WJCO

Meme King
Man... there is just NO PLEASING some of you... :grayno:

I watched those videos religiously when I first discovered them. They were awesome. And I attempted to continue watching them after Eddie and Cindy left them. But it's just not the same. That's all I'm saying.

ChaosNein

LOL!! No, there really isn't. You guys get tons of love on FB and plenty of people happy that Cindy and I no longer make JKX videos and yet one guy saying nice things about what we have done gets under your skin. Come on Drew :crazyeyes:

No you know that is NOT what it is Eddie...

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
Cindy and I are truly flattered and appreciate the kind words.....We literally stopped wheeling a month before each of the events just to ensure our Jeep was in good working order for them. The filming of the events were grueling and it demanded us being the first up in the morning and typically, the last ones to bed. Of course, making videos of them after the fact could easily take a couple of months of solid work as it can take as much as day to produce a minute of footage and contrary to what some seem to believe, this was all done on our dime. I hope you understand that we aren't complaining about any of this as we felt privileged to have attended so many of these events, we simply started to feel like our whole life was becoming the JKX and with them now doing multiple events a year, it literally would be. And... that's far from what we'd prefer our WAYALIFE to be all about.

Eddie and Cindy, thank you so much for all of your sacrifice making those videos. Nothing.. and I mean NOTHING, comes close to the videos you both produced. I know about volunteering time and energy to much smaller efforts and I can understand to a small degree how you guys feel: That your passion just became your job. I have had to back away from one of my interests for the same reasons, it wasn't the way of life I wanted either, I lost out on a lot of the fun.

If either of you need any help with anything, please just let me know. I would be glad to help and make it more fun for you guys. I really feel indebted to you both, Drew with ORE and the rest of the awesome folks here at Wayalife. Thank you, truly thank you.

GraniteCrystal

Ha. I enjoyed the video. Having been to Alaska, it really is a special place. Wish the weather would've cooperated more for the trip, but that's Alaska. It doesn't give a crap about you or your plans.

For what it's worth, I thought there were some great slow mo shots as well as some great drone shots. That mud is nasty stuff but does look cool in slow motion 👍and not many places look better from a drone than Alaska.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?p=621404

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug
Nice banter between offroadevolution and wayolife. That was fun to read. Even though I love Eddie and Cindy's JKX videos I still enjoy watching the JKX adventures. The latest one in Alaska was awesome to see. Mel looked like a kid in a candy store during that trip.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ha. I enjoyed the video. Having been to Alaska, it really is a special place. Wish the weather would've cooperated more for the trip, but that's Alaska. It doesn't give a crap about you or your plans.

For what it's worth, I thought there were some great slow mo shots as well as some great drone shots. That mud is nasty stuff but does look cool in slow motion ��and not many places look better from a drone than Alaska.

:cheesy: And there you have it folks, plenty of people LOVE the new JKX videos and as they should. They're produced by 2 paid professional film crews with high dollar cameras, drones, time to set up shots and are way better at this stuff than Cindy and I could ever hope be. And please know that I'm not trying to be sarcastic or factious. Cindy and know our place and we know full well that we're just amateurs with a Sony Handycam that we bought at Costco. :yup:

Nice banter between offroadevolution and wayolife. That was fun to read.

LOL!! I'd hardly call that "banter". Just two friends shooting the shit. :yup:

Top Bottom