Wave from NY

Oysterman

Hello from NY!

My beloved 2000 TJ was lost to Hurricane Sandy and made the move to a new 2013 Crush 2 door Sport at the end of November. I'm really loving the new Jeep and feel like I have settled right into it.

I haven't settled on a build plan for this Jeep yet and have just been driving it and enjoying it while I make/change/discard/repeat my build wish lists! I did put a set of ACE sliders on shortly after bringing it home.

I am happy to join the forum here as I have surely been soaking up all the great information, and watching the videos of great Western playgrounds.

My Jeep needs to be somewhat of a Swiss Army knife- highway driver, camping/trail rides, haul kayaks for backcountry paddle and camping, as well as a work truck pulling around some kind of cargo/utility trailer (TBD- maybe an m416?). I feel like this honors the true spirit of the GP/Jeep!

I am really pleased with this new incarnation of Jeeps and would love to get together for a ride or a beer. Any great ride suggestions in NY/NJ or even CT/VY/MA/PA? Looking forward to getting the JK out on the Long Island beaches if Sandy left anything behind.

Anyway- nice to meet you all.

-Ian

IMG_3219.jpg IMG_3204.jpg

Bullwinckle

Hooked
I'm sorry to hear that you lost your TJ to sandy but congrats on the new JK and welcome to Wayalife!! 👋

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Sucks that you lost your TJ but it sounds like things have worked out just the same. Glad you found us and hope that we can help you out here :yup:

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Yep it's sad about your TJ but it turned out to be a great opportunity to buy a new JK. :thumb:

Welcome to WAYALIFE! :yup:

Oysterman

Thanks for all the waves!

Truthfully- while I mourned the hell out of the loss of the TJ (a- cuz it was a great Jeep and b) cuz it belonged to me and not the bank!) we were lucky and all I lost was a vehicle.

I still had it fully insured so...the search began and though I had originally pursued only TJ's, my 10 year old son and I "snuck" out and test drove a 2013 Crush. Never looked back.

I really do love the new one and am very excited to get it off this highway. We mostly used the TJ (aside from DD duties) as a support vehicle for all sorts of outdoor activities ranging from kayaking, snowshoeing, camping (all season), surf-fishing,etc. With this JK, I hope to get in some longer treks and find some folks to explore some trails with. Wish we had those CO and CA trails on this side of the country. Maybe time for a cross country run.

I've heard there are some great back-country trails up in the Maine North Woods and in Vermont also. Anyone run up that way who can weigh in?

Top Bottom