2012 Engine Noise

cevery

Getting a bit worried. I have a 2012 JK and just about 7K miles on it and starting to hear noises. =(

I have this whistle that I can hear in the cab thats significant enough that passengers ask about when riding in the Jeep. I want to attach an mp3 recording.. not sure if the site will allow.
I am not sure what it is but it seems to happen when at idle in neutral (Manual) at a stop light.

In edition to searching around the forums, I starting coming across the engine tick and watched some youtube vids. I have the exact noise on my driver side of the engine. Which is worse since all I have read leads to a header replacement.

I have scheduled an appointment with the dealer for next tuesday when I drive home from San Diego back to PHX. (I am out here for work). So I still need to drive a few hundred miles and somewhat worried. I have no check engine light. No signs of performance issues. Thoughts Friends..

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You'll be just fine driving your Jeep until you can get it looked it. The tick is probably a head issue as it was common on early 2012's. A whistle is common on a lot of aftermarket CAI's but, if you still have a factory airbox, it could be just a loose connection on it or the intake tube.

Top Bottom