Poison spyder rocker nocker?

Miles4k

So I want some sliders and I've decided on poison spyder'. But I was woundering what's the difference in-between body mounted & frame mounted ? (Performance wise)

WJCO

Meme King
So I want some sliders and I've decided on poison spyder'. But I was woundering what's the difference in-between body mounted & frame mounted ? (Performance wise)

Your frame is made out of thick steel. Your body is made out of thin steel. If you hit hard rocks or drop the weight of the Jeep onto a rock, the frame ones have a much better chance of not causing damage to the Jeep. The body mounted sliders can allow the body to bend or be damaged during a hard hit.

jmatta33

Your frame is made out of thick steel. Your body is made out of thin steel. If you hit hard rocks or drop the weight of the Jeep onto a rock, the frame ones have a much better chance of not causing damage to the Jeep. The body mounted sliders can allow the body to bend or be damaged during a hard hit.

Exactly what I was going to say. I have the body mounted rocker knockers, and if I had to do it all over I would be getting the EVO frame mount or the PSC frame mount. At the time I was concerned about getting them welded but I have found that craigslist has a slew of people that will come to your house and weld them for you.

desertrunner

correct me if im wrong but also something to consider since the body is mounted to the frame with the rubber mounts that flex if you have frame mounted sliders during a hard hit the body could potentially rock into the sliders still causing some damage which is why people tend to also run the skins with the EVO sliders.

rogerk93

I have the frame mounted rocker knockers and they are great. They do sit about an inch lower than the body mounted sliders but Im fine with that as if I hit a rock hard I don't want that force to be pushed into the body. I've landed on them a few times and they hardly flex so I don't worry about them hitting my body.

Sent from my VS990 using WAYALIFE mobile app

J

JKDream

You should look into the Crawler Conceptz sliders, basically the same thing but ontop of being body mounted via nutserts, they are also bolted to the body mounts.
I wouldn't be too worried about the strength though, if the body mounted concept was weak things like the EVO carrier wouldn't work.

Grubbicon

As someone gas stated the frame mounted sit lower on the body and personally I wouldnt trust them to keep you off rocks if in the right place. I have the body mounted and I have hit hard enough to dent the tubing but have no body issues.

If I were to run a frame mounted slider Id definitely go EVO over the rocker knocker.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Normally, I would recommend frame mounted sliders but I have personally seen the ones made by Poison Spyder get bent up from and hard hit and to the point where you couldn't open up the doors. While I have also seen their body mounted rockers buckle the body from a hard hit as well, I probably would still go with them over the frame mounted ones. Of course, that's just me.

J

JKDream

Normally, I would recommend frame mounted sliders but I have personally seen the ones made by Poison Spyder get bent up from and hard hit and to the point where you couldn't open up the doors. While I have also seen their body mounted rockers buckle the body from a hard hit as well, I probably would still go with them over the frame mounted ones. Of course, that's just me.

Just curious, when you saw the body mounted sliders buckle, was it the DOM tubing that buckled or the body cladding?

jkwebbie

I've got EVO skins and sliders and love them. I actually had the entire weight of my Jeep on them and they didn't even move. I had to use it as a pivot point to get around a big rock. You won't regret getting EVO

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using WAYALIFE mobile app

jmatta33

correct me if im wrong but also something to consider since the body is mounted to the frame with the rubber mounts that flex if you have frame mounted sliders during a hard hit the body could potentially rock into the sliders still causing some damage which is why people tend to also run the skins with the EVO sliders.

This is possible IF you weld the sliders too close to the body. The body will flex but only so much, I am not sure what the appropriate distance is but I am sure it is in the instructions. With that said, I would recommend the skins to go along with the rockers as well.

Top Bottom