Fixed length control arm's?

DaBank

I have 8 TeraFlex control arm's that are non adjustable but are longer to correct alignment. They been sitting and I have debated if they are worth the the time to install on my Rubicon with a 3in lift? Jeep handles fine with my current setup and stick arm's so I never installed but if I do spend the time to install them is worth spending more money on adjustable arm's?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If all is good on your Jeep now, I would just leave well enough alone especially being that TeraFlex recommends you set their adjustable arms to lengths that are quite a bit off. If anything, with 3" of lift, you could use some adjustable lower arms up front to correct your caster and if you're running a rear after market drive shaft, adjustable rear upper arms to set your pinion.

jeffd

I have them on my jkur and they use stock clevite style bushings so they are comfortable and maint free. they are well made and handled the Dusy and Rubicon, pough keepsie as well as most of the 7 rated trails in Moab with no issues on my low budget basic built jkur ie 2.5" lift 35's. I ended up with a caster of 4.8* and have no issues with one finger steering at 75-80mph (speed limits in Montana) If you have them already they are easy to install. I have about 40,000 miles on mine with a fair amount of abuse. I am not hardcore by any means but for what I do they work well. Moab is about 750 miles from me and we do it in a day going and coming. The rubicon and Dusy were ~1100-1200 miles so we drive 75-80mph for the most part getting to and from trails. I am sure for hard core stuff there is much better but for mid level stuff like the dusy and rubicon they did great. I guess be honest with yourself and determine what kind of trails are you going to run.

SergJKURhino

I have them on my jkur and they use stock clevite style bushings so they are comfortable and maint free. they are well made and handled the Dusy and Rubicon, pough keepsie as well as most of the 7 rated trails in Moab with no issues on my low budget basic built jkur ie 2.5" lift 35's. I ended up with a caster of 4.8* and have no issues with one finger steering at 75-80mph (speed limits in Montana) If you have them already they are easy to install. I have about 40,000 miles on mine with a fair amount of abuse. I am not hardcore by any means but for what I do they work well. Moab is about 750 miles from me and we do it in a day going and coming. The rubicon and Dusy were ~1100-1200 miles so we drive 75-80mph for the most part getting to and from trails. I am sure for hard core stuff there is much better but for mid level stuff like the dusy and rubicon they did great. I guess be honest with yourself and determine what kind of trails are you going to run.

^^My exact sentiment.

To the OP...if the flexarms you currently have on work, keep them on till they're completely spent then pop on your TF arms if you're planning on staying at your current height. Save a $ by using what you have first.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Coop

Caught the Bug
If all is good on your Jeep now, I would just leave well enough alone especially being that TeraFlex recommends you set their adjustable arms to lengths that are quite a bit off. If anything, with 3" of lift, you could use some adjustable lower arms up front to correct your caster and if you're running a rear after market drive shaft, adjustable rear upper arms to set your pinion.

Eddie,
Which adjustable upper rear control arms should we consider for setting the pinion angle? Good bushings and tough adjusters. What about the lower control arms, should we beef up these while we're at it? Looking at the XD60 rear with an Adams 1350 rear drive shaft. Sorry to hijack this thread but seems to be nearly inline with it.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Eddie,
Which adjustable upper rear control arms should we consider for setting the pinion angle? Good bushings and tough adjusters. What about the lower control arms, should we beef up these while we're at it? Looking at the XD60 rear with an Adams 1350 rear drive shaft. Sorry to hijack this thread but seems to be nearly inline with it.

I would suggest the Currie arms. Solid arms and they use Johnny joints which are the strongest on the market. They do come at a cost tho but are worth every penny.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Eddie,

As mentioned, I personally would recommend something like a Currie control arm as they are stout and come with proven Johnny Joints on both ends.

Coop

Caught the Bug
As mentioned, I personally would recommend something like a Currie control arm as they are stout and come with proven Johnny Joints on both ends.

Thanks Cozdude and Eddie. I'm assuming these are available in short arms as I have a 3" lift.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Cozdude and Eddie. I'm assuming these are available in short arms as I have a 3" lift.

LOL! Oh yeah, that's why we're recommending them. If you ever go long arm, I would recommend EVO.

DaBank

Thanks for all the responses. I have someone that wanted to buy these. So I am thinking I will get rid of them a buy some adjustable arm's. Evo?

Top Bottom