Tailgate Mounted Tire Carriers // Opinions

MF3R

Looking to get a tailgate mounted tire carrier. Was curious who has one and what brand, and your impression of the quality of the product you have. Oh and any that should just be avoided. Thanks guys!

2014 JKU

Journeyman

I have the poison spyder brawler 2 carrier. It's been good, but if I was to do it again I would go with one of the Evo carrier's.
I really like their new one! Beefy and super simple.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

MF3R

I have the poison spyder brawler 2 carrier. It's been good, but if I was to do it again I would go with one of the Evo carrier's.
I really like their new one! Beefy and super simple.

That's the one ive been eyeballing...looking at the teraflex one too but seem to remember people not being a fan of it.

Journeyman

That's the one ive been eyeballing...looking at the teraflex one too but seem to remember people not being a fan of it.

The terra flex seams to have a habit of launching the spare off the back at hwy speeds [emoji33] No experience with it personally but that's the tumors around here.

Ddays

Hooked
I ran a Smittybilt XRC for about a year until I couldn't stand sounding like an empty dump truck going down the road. Drove me crazy. I couldn't get the rattles adjusted out of it completely.
Went to the EVO carrier and its like a rock back there. Granted it requires the skins and its pricey, but I don't know of a better built carrier. If you don't want to go with the skins maybe look at the tailgate hinge mounted carrier EVO makes now. Couple guys have it on here.

12-mile

Sorry, not a tailgate mount tire carrier, but a bumper mount.
Its late/or early depending on which way you look at it and i'm not completely awake[emoji51]

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Looking to get a tailgate mounted tire carrier. Was curious who has one and what brand, and your impression of the quality of the product you have. Oh and any that should just be avoided. Thanks guys!

2014 JKU

What size tire are you running or plan on running?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I ran a Smittybilt XRC for about a year until I couldn't stand sounding like an empty dump truck going down the road. Drove me crazy. I couldn't get the rattles adjusted out of it completely.
Went to the EVO carrier and its like a rock back there. Granted it requires the skins and its pricey, but I don't know of a better built carrier. If you don't want to go with the skins maybe look at the tailgate hinge mounted carrier EVO makes now. Couple guys have it on here.

Yea Just a couple guys ;)

USMC Wrangler

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I would look into the crawler conceptz or the evo tailgate carrier, both very strong and made in USA.....well I know the evo is for sure. If I didnt have my corners and carrier already, I would be getting the evo carrier.

Top Bottom