Rancho lift.

10abadilla/jk

Right now I have a 3in bds suspension lift with everything but control arms. I am looking around and debating on switching the springs out. I ran across this for 180. Just wanted to get opinions and see if anyone is running this. Thank you all. Screenshot_2016-11-27-12-02-10.jpg

Sent from my LG-H900 using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If you're looking for coils with a nicer ride, I've personally found the Rancho's to be nice but then, ride quality is 100% subjective.

WJCO

Meme King
I have a Zone 4 kit, which is basically the same as BDS. It's stiff but tolerable. I got it at a cheap price and it was a fairly complete kit. If I were to do it over, I would do more research, spend a little more money, and go with something else. It works but it's not ideal. My :twocents: . Good luck with the Rancho research. Looks like a decent price.

10abadilla/jk

I agree on the ride quality statement. And the bds springs are fairly stiff. Not horrid. But stiff none the less. I'm not looking for a "Cadillac" ride. Just something that is smoother then the springs I have now. Rancho has always been great to me on the old tj we had. And the deal like you said seems decent. It will allow me to upgrade the upper and lower control arms in the front from stock. I will continue to do a bit of reading up. But wanted to say thank you guys for the feedback.

WJCO

Meme King
I agree on the ride quality statement. And the bds springs are fairly stiff. Not horrid. But stiff none the less. I'm not looking for a "Cadillac" ride. Just something that is smoother then the springs I have now. Rancho has always been great to me on the old tj we had. And the deal like you said seems decent. It will allow me to upgrade the upper and lower control arms in the front from stock. I will continue to do a bit of reading up. But wanted to say thank you guys for the feedback.

Since my last post here, I swapped out my rear lower arms with some after ones with Johnny Joints and wow. The rear ride of my vehicle feels WAY better. Time will tell obviously, but if you are going to get this kit, I hope you have an improved ride as well.

10abadilla/jk

I think I'm going to give them a try in a couple of weeks. I'll probably do some research in the mean time. The springs and the control arms are what seem to be driving me to purchase it. I also like the fact of the Johnny joints. I probably won't use anything else in the kit.

Rancho

Caught the Bug
This is just for the coils, correct?

Our coils tend to be on the softer side, close to OE ride.
Good luck with your choice!
:beer:

10abadilla/jk

This is just for the coils, correct?

Our coils tend to be on the softer side, close to OE ride.
Good luck with your choice!
[emoji481]
That's actually a good question. I just realized it may be. The picture is a bit deceiving. It does say 3in trail system. And the picture shows the whole kit. I figured 180 seemed like a great price. I'll have to contact the seller because it seems unclear on the listing.

Rancho

Caught the Bug
To me it is the -2, in my catalog that is for the coils only, so that is what I think, I see this on occasion on JET or Wal-Mart's website.

That's actually a good question. I just realized it may be. The picture is a bit deceiving. It does say 3in trail system. And the picture shows the whole kit. I figured 180 seemed like a great price. I'll have to contact the seller because it seems unclear on the listing.

Top Bottom