OK Need Help LS V8 JK

BigD13

Ok, so I think I may have found a hidden gem. I found a 2008 Sahara LS V8 4 door JK with 61k miles on the body and 5k miles on the engine trans swap. Couple questions. it has all the dummy lights on from the swap. Is there a module or something that can be put in to get the dummy lights to work properly???? Also, It seems most V8 swaps I have seen like this are usually over $45 - 50k. This one is way cheaper than that. I'd love to jump on it but want to make sure I'm not making a huge mistake. Are there any other issues I should be looking for with this kind of swap? Thanks in advance!!!

J

JKDream

Ok, so I think I may have found a hidden gem. I found a 2008 Sahara LS V8 4 door JK with 61k miles on the body and 5k miles on the engine trans swap. Couple questions. it has all the dummy lights on from the swap. Is there a module or something that can be put in to get the dummy lights to work properly???? Also, It seems most V8 swaps I have seen like this are usually over $45 - 50k. This one is way cheaper than that. I'd love to jump on it but want to make sure I'm not making a huge mistake. Are there any other issues I should be looking for with this kind of swap? Thanks in advance!!!

Dash lights are a sign of an incomplete/backyard garage swap.
I'd have it inspected if you're considering it.
Usually things are cheap for a reason.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
What kind of price is it being sold at? Also as stated, dash lights should not be on if the swap was done correctly with a new harness and all that fun stuff.

BigD13

Dash lights are a sign of an incomplete/backyard garage swap.
I'd have it inspected if you're considering it.
Usually things are cheap for a reason.

The swap was actually done at a 4x4 speed shop. I have seen the receipts with everything they have done to it. Over $50k. I can post a video they sent me as well. Seems pretty clean. I can buy it for under $30k which seems like a ridiculous deal.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
The swap was actually done at a 4x4 speed shop.

Doesn't mean they knew what they were doing.

Less than 5k miles on an engine swap of an LS into a JK and it's already for sale????

All of the lights are on???

You can buy for less than 30k???

I would run the hell away from that one. Just my two cents. Too much already seems fishy.

BigD13

Doesn't mean they knew what they were doing.

Less than 5k miles on an engine swap of an LS into a JK and it's already for sale????

All of the lights are on???

You can buy for less than 30k???

I would run the hell away from that one. Just my two cents. Too much already seems fishy.

They traded it in for a Maserati. The check engine, oil, and traction lights are on

WJCO

Meme King
Just a heads up, please don't post Facebook links as it's against the rules. I went ahead and modified your post with a screen shot from their page instead.

Ddays

Hooked
They traded it in for a Maserati. The check engine, oil, and traction lights are on

:thinking: WTF?! Who trades a Jeep in for a friggin Maserati!?

Like others said sounds strange, BUT, if they are selling it for $30K, you can be sure that they didn't give the guy dick on the trade-in. If you show up with a vehicle to trade with every warning light going off, you can bet your ass you aint getting a good deal there. This could be an instance where the dealership just wants to turn a quick buck knowing they made out on the Maserati sale. If you're seriously considering it, I'd have an independent shop check this out for you. This sounds like an either/or deal. Maybe the owner thought a bad-ass Jeep would be cool but didn't end up liking it or its a total piece of shit with all the lights going off as proof.

What are the other particulars on the Jeep? Lift, tire size, stock axles or upgraded, etc, etc?

sparks

Seems like you're trying to get someone to tell you to do it. I've been in your situation, wanting a good deal and trying to justify it in my head. I would take the advice given and keep looking... unless they're going to warranty it. Even then I would be iffy. 5-8k is different than 30k

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

BigD13

:thinking: WTF?! Who trades a Jeep in for a friggin Maserati!?

Like others said sounds strange, BUT, if they are selling it for $30K, you can be sure that they didn't give the guy dick on the trade-in. If you show up with a vehicle to trade with every warning light going off, you can bet your ass you aint getting a good deal there. This could be an instance where the dealership just wants to turn a quick buck knowing they made out on the Maserati sale. If you're seriously considering it, I'd have an independent shop check this out for you. This sounds like an either/or deal. Maybe the owner thought a bad-ass Jeep would be cool but didn't end up liking it or its a total piece of shit with all the lights going off as proof.

What are the other particulars on the Jeep? Lift, tire size, stock axles or upgraded, etc, etc?

is it allowed to post the video the sales guy sent me on the Jeep here?

BigD13

No problem.

Video of the Jeep for sale? Like a walk around video? That would be ok as you are looking for advice about it, it would give us a chance to see it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9hjkEQWA50&feature=youtu.be

Here it is. It looks to be really clean. Not so sure about the batteries being put in the cargo area and don't like the red accents inside but the rest looks and sounds great! Now nobody go and steal it out from under me lol.

Unless it's so cheap that you can afford to rip it out and start over after buying it if it's SNAFU and still be ahead, or unless you can pinpoint the trouble BEFORE buying it, I would say walk away. While there is a chance it's a straightforward fix and you just scored the deal of a lifetime, there is always the chance that it's been butchered to the point of no return without a major rework.

WJCO

Meme King
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9hjkEQWA50&feature=youtu.be

Here it is. It looks to be really clean. Not so sure about the batteries being put in the cargo area and don't like the red accents inside but the rest looks and sounds great! Now nobody go and steal it out from under me lol.

He's a salesman, that's for sure. Kept saying 'heavy duty' for basic parts and low end aftermarket stuff. I myself wouldn't do it, not worth the risk. I don't see why someone would dump that kind of work into it and then just abandon it.

BigD13

Unless it's so cheap that you can afford to rip it out and start over after buying it if it's SNAFU and still be ahead, or unless you can pinpoint the trouble BEFORE buying it, I would say walk away. While there is a chance it's a straightforward fix and you just scored the deal of a lifetime, there is always the chance that it's been butchered to the point of no return without a major rework.

I posted a video of the full walk around and driving etc of the Jeep. Wonder if that helps to see what is or isnt for that matter

JeepJeep75

Looks like suspension is a cheap mopar lift with stock d44/30 axles. Drive shafts look stock as well. Rear sway bar links look to short. Rear break lines just have cheap drop brackets. No raised front or rear trackbar bracket. All the junk on the outside is, well, it looks nice. As far as the engine goes, well, it's only a 5.3 truck motor which is a cheap way to go. This seriously looks like something that would require constant attention and dicking with. I'd pass on this unless you want a project that you'd have to redo everything on at some point. Just my $0.02 good luck with your decision. [emoji106]

Top Bottom