Evap

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I think it's an EPA emissions type thing. I saw Eddie say on here, once, the Jeep will run without it, but some states may require you to have it. Idk, Mississippi is lenient about that stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jkwebbie

I think it's an EPA emissions type thing. I saw Eddie say on here, once, the Jeep will run without it, but some states may require you to have it. Idk, Mississippi is lenient about that stuff.

Thanks for the quick reply! I googled it and never found an actual answer that didn't sound like an engineer was writing it lol. And where I live my Jeep doesn't get emissions checks, so it looks like I'll be taking off my EVAP lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using WAYALIFE mobile app

notnalc68

Thanks for the quick reply! I googled it and never found an actual answer that didn't sound like an engineer was writing it lol. And where I live my Jeep doesn't get emissions checks, so it looks like I'll be taking off my EVAP lol

Hell, I could be wrong. You know how computerized these things are. It could F something up, but Eddie told someone, if it got knocked off, you could still drive the Jeep.

WJCO

Meme King
Your evap system takes fuel vapors from the tank and stores them in a charcoal canister and slowly purges them from there into your intake manifold where they eventually get burned. This is so the vapors won't be released into the atmosphere so you can feel good about protecting the environment while your money is being taken in the name of safety. Your vehicle will run fine without it. Al Gore does not approve this message.

notnalc68

Your evap system takes fuel vapors from the tank and stores them in a charcoal canister and slowly purges them from there into your intake manifold where they eventually get burned. This is so the vapors won't be released into the atmosphere so you can feel good about protecting the environment while your money is being taken in the name of safety. Your vehicle will run fine without it. Al Gore does not approve this message.

Doug for the win

JeepJeep75

Taking it off of your jeep won't do anything as far as performance or mileage though. More than likely it'll give you an engine light and make it harder to sell if you ever do. As a bonus, your jeep will now smell like gas fumes under the hood. As WJCO mentioned about the charcoal canister, it could fill up with fumes, saturate, clog, then give you fuel tank pressure problems. I'd just leave that can of worms closed.

jkwebbie

Taking it off of your jeep won't do anything as far as performance or mileage though. More than likely it'll give you an engine light and make it harder to sell if you ever do. As a bonus, your jeep will now smell like gas fumes under the hood. As WJCO mentioned about the charcoal canister, it could fill up with fumes, saturate, clog, then give you fuel tank pressure problems. I'd just leave that can of worms closed.

Well I was planning on selling it but not anymore. And I'm taking it off because it's going to be in the way of the 4 link I'm going to be doing out back.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

:cheesy: Now that's funny as hell but dead on.

As mentioned, you can drive around just fine without it. Trust me, I've ripped off or flat out destroyed mine multiple occasions and drove around for longer than I would have preferred until I could repair or replace it. That being said, I personally wouldn't run around without it on purpose.

Brute

Hooked
I would just reposition it...but make sure it is level with the top of your fuel tank or above it, or it will fill with fuel and you will have problems running your engine...I know this from experience

jkwebbie

I would just reposition it...but make sure it is level with the top of your fuel tank or above it, or it will fill with fuel and you will have problems running your engine...I know this from experience

Yea I had heard it can fill with gas if its lower. But I'm pretty sure I'll be running a fuel cell, and I don't really want to put the EVAP in the Jeep, so I'll probably just take it off when I do my suspension

Top Bottom