led headlights

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Never heard of them, honestly look like all the other ebay/chinese knockoffs of the JW speaker "look"

If it was me, I would go with something proven like trucklite, or KC. Seeing as you are in canada....I would really recommend the heated truck-lites as no other company has anything heated to melt off the snow.

Frydaddy

Keep an eye out for color temperature as well. The higher the number, the more blue the light becomes.

4000K is yellow-ish like an incandescent bulb,
5000K is a neutral pure white,
6000k is a white with a barely blue tint.
6500k and-up is where the blue tint starts becoming obnoxious, unfortunately the most readily available color for LED headlights, right about where headlights start becoming obnoxious and sharp. (yes, light can be sharp.)

I prefer a warmer color around 5000k - 5500k since I cannot see too well at night. The human eye processes red colors three times better than blue or green. I cannot understand why blue is so popular when it doesnt really help you see any better. Draw your line at a pure white. END THE BLUE!

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Never heard of them, honestly look like all the other ebay/chinese knockoffs of the JW speaker "look"

If it was me, I would go with something proven like trucklite, or KC. Seeing as you are in canada....I would really recommend the heated truck-lites as no other company has anything heated to melt off the snow.

Agreed. Save for heated Truck Lites.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Labricon

Caught the Bug
I am on my second winter with JW Speakers and they are great.....having said that you probably get more freezing rain on PEI so the heated Truck Lites may be a better option

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Journeyman

Don't skimp on your headlights! This is one of the best and favorite upgrades I did to my jeep. I put the kc's on my jku and have been stoked with their performance. But I live in the so cal mountains and snow or freezing rain isn't really a concern for me. I would get the heated truck lights if I lived in a frozen world.

RonG

Don't skimp on your headlights! This is one of the best and favorite upgrades I did to my jeep. I put the kc's on my jku and have been stoked with their performance. But I live in the so cal mountains and snow or freezing rain isn't really a concern for me. I would get the heated truck lights if I lived in a frozen world.

What he said...

Dopey84

Heated trucklites get my vote! I upgraded last summer and this is my first winter with them and watching these things melt off the ice and the visibility you get from these are awesome

Dopey

Robertcrav

The Vision X and JW Speaker tested the best... I look forward to them testing the new KCs

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

notnalc68

notnalc68

How often do you drive with the high beam?

Not as much as the low beam, but with the deer population in Mississippi, good high beams are great to have on wooded, two lane highways. The JWS are fine, just not quite as good, in my opinion.

Robertcrav

Everyone is entitled to one, lol ... for what it's worth I have no dog in this fight, I run true HID projectors. If you dig into their channel they have more exhaustive videos for each of the lights they tested...

Top Bottom