Stinger Bumper Suggestions

mastrcruse

Trying to switch things up in the front. I have a Poison Spyder brawler bumper with bull bar. I'd like to switch to a stinger setup. I'll be going to 40's so clearance will need to be there. I don't want to modify the frame...I'm okay with removing the crash bar...I don't want to cut the ends off.

Any opinions on the below?

Evo 1/4: I like this and have an Evo rear but I'd like to have fog lights. I have a concern about the bolts holding up if the jeep face plants and it stops an endo.

LOD: stinger looks to be higher in pictures than the Evo (but the pictures on the Evo are dead on from the side) and welded. Maybe a better angle to stop an Endo? Fog cutout

There are others....Genright, Poison spyder. Others?

Thanks guys!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have run both LOD and still run EVO, they are both well made and I don't think you could go wrong with either. If you go EVO, there are plenty of people on here who've come up with great mods to attach fogs to the front where the T holes are. I think Trail JK might even have a post about it and I would reach out to her as to what she did.

As far endo-ing goes, do you really play that hard where you're at that this is a genuine concern?

mastrcruse

I have run both LOD and still run EVO, they are both well made and I don't think you could go wrong with either. If you go EVO, there are plenty of people on here who've come up with great mods to attach fogs to the front where the T holes are. I think Trail JK might even have a post about it and I would reach out to her as to what she did.

As far endo-ing goes, do you really play that hard where you're at that this is a genuine concern?

Thanks! I like the setup you have with the lights in the middle. One thing about the Evo is it's cheaper in price than the LOD. LOD is good stuff but damna are the proud of it haha. Other than the crash bar, does the 1/4lber require modifiying the frame? Looking at install threads, doesn't look like it.

Is regards to your question, no but one experience got me thinking. Wheeling with someone locally and he took a weird angle down a hill and the stinger stopped him from endoing. He still put it on the side but we were able to pull him over and drive off the trail. It wasn't something we expected and weren't horsing around, just a bad angle. Probably a dumb thing but every before that, I was thinking about going to a stinger setup.

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks! I like the setup you have with the lights in the middle. One thing about the Evo is it's cheaper in price than the LOD. LOD is good stuff but damna are the proud of it haha. Other than the crash bar, does the 1/4lber require modifiying the frame? Looking at install threads, doesn't look like it.

LOL!! Proud indeed. That being said, you just need to chop the chin and go.

Is regards to your question, no but one experience got me thinking. Wheeling with someone locally and he took a weird angle down a hill and the stinger stopped him from endoing. He still put it on the side but we were able to pull him over and drive off the trail. Probably a dumb thing but every before that, I was thinking about going to a stinger setup.

Sounds to me like the guy took a bad line or had some poor spotting going on. Of course, I'm far from being a badass and someone who hasn't been doing this very long but I can't honestly say there's ever been a time where I've felt that I really needed a stinger. To be perfectly honest, they just "look" cool to me and that's why I run one. :blush:

mastrcruse

LOL!! Proud indeed. That being said, you just need to chop the chin and go.

Sounds to me like the guy took a bad line or had some poor spotting going on. Of course, I'm far from being a badass and someone who hasn't been doing this very long but I can't honestly say there's ever been a time where I've felt that I really needed a stinger. To be perfectly honest, they just "look" cool to me and that's why I run one. :blush:

Haha! Thanks and Merry Christmas to you and Cindy. I also like the look and is part of why I want to switch. I'll just order the 1/4lber cause I love my Evo rear bumper too!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
View attachment 235769

It looks worst in person.
Smashed in pretty good and when they require you to cut out most of X member I would hope this would hold up a lil better

LAME!! I think ALL these stupid rear bumpers that make you chop off the rear cross member are retarded and seeing this only proves as much. Thanks for sharing these pics.

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
I know I personally love the quarter pounder, but i at 650ish with the stinger I'm actually looking at the crawler conceptz skinny front with the stinger. It's $320 total and for an extra 80 or so you can get the fog cutouts

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

mastrcruse

Ordered my 1/4 pounder with stinger, vac relo yesterday and am pumped! (Will be Evo in the front and rear now).

I ordered the light mount today because, as I read about the Bumper, you want to have everything go in all at once. So now I'm looking at lights. I would love some ARB intensity but damn are the expensive ($1000). So other options...

Looks like I see the 3 variety of 7" rounds (I believe this is what Moby has on em'), small light bar, or cubes if you want to use the hi lift points which become useless with the stinger.

I'd like to do either 7" rounds or a small light bar. I've tried to find a size on the threads I've been reading and can't. Can someone tell me the size used between the stinger? What are the options for rounds? On Moby she profile they are trucklites which look good...any other options/recommendations?

jkwebbie

Ordered my 1/4 pounder with stinger, vac relo yesterday and am pumped! (Will be Evo in the front and rear now).

I ordered the light mount today because, as I read about the Bumper, you want to have everything go in all at once. So now I'm looking at lights. I would love some ARB intensity but damn are the expensive ($1000). So other options...

Looks like I see the 3 variety of 7" rounds (I believe this is what Moby has on em'), small light bar, or cubes if you want to use the hi lift points which become useless with the stinger.

I'd like to do either 7" rounds or a small light bar. I've tried to find a size on the threads I've been reading and can't. Can someone tell me the size used between the stinger? What are the options for rounds? On Moby she profile they are trucklites which look good...any other options/recommendations?
The most common size light bars I've seen on front bumpers are 12" and 20" just depends on the bumper. I think a 12" bar would do just fine on the 1/4 pounder

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using WAYALIFE mobile app

mastrcruse

The most common size light bars I've seen on front bumpers are 12" and 20" just depends on the bumper. I think a 12" bar would do just fine on the 1/4 pounder

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Awesome thanks! So it's either a 12" light bar or 7" round. Any opinion on spot vs flood? I see Moby has spot but I'd think flood would be best if I'm trying to replace fogs.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Awesome thanks! So it's either a 12" light bar or 7" round. Any opinion on spot vs flood? I see Moby has spot but I'd think flood would be best if I'm trying to replace fogs.

You can fit a 20" pretty easily on the evo 1/4 pounder

Top Bottom