I think my Dana 30 is dying

rogerk93

This past April I added some 37 Toyo MT on my jeep and I think it has already taken a toll on my Dana 30. I haven't spent much money on it, took everyone's advice and just gusseted the axle c's. It is my daily driver and I do wheel it when ever I can and it started to drive like shit!!! You feel it struggling to Carry the weight of the tires, it shakes at ever bump I hit, it started to smile at me, mocking me that it is going to blow when I least expect it. Just wondering after hearing many people say the Dana 30 is strong enough for 37's (and they wheel it hard) plus seeing a few people with 40's with no concern. I think this summer that new dynatrac 60 package will happen! Hopefully my tax return will be what I expect it.

Sent from my VS990 using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LOL!! You do know you're just going to get the sleeve and truss fanboys to come on here to say you should have installed them. If you had, your axle wouldn't be smirking at you now. :crazyeyes:

Can't wait to see you Jeep riding on some ProRocks :thumb:

WJCO

Meme King
Regardless of what others have done and even if it has worked out for them, I think we all know that a Dana 30 was not designed to support 37s. Good luck with the new axle.

rogerk93

LOL!! You do know you're just going to get the sleeve and truss fanboys to come on here to say you should have installed them. If you had, your axle wouldn't be smirking at you now. :crazyeyes:

Can't wait to see you Jeep riding on some ProRocks :thumb:
I have already bumped into a few people like that.i just give them a really dumb look and agree. You can't talk to someone who refuses to listen.

Sent from my VS990 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sullivan

Oh come on. Anyone that is going to say a Dana 30 is strong and you can beat on it is an a$$. The Dana 30 basically is dying from the second it gets on a trail. Gussets, sleeves, truss, whatever, it's a Dana 30.
Some people are just plain stupid!

(Fyi, I'm not talking about the op, but about the people that have told him this)

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Nice Roger!!

Also don't forget about those fan boys that will tell you to build junk yard axles cause it's cheaper ;)

Judesign

Caught the Bug
Bro... you should've just sleeved it. 5.13s and a locker will hold up just fine.

Lol yeah I'm in your boat. Can't wait to slide the pro rocks in. Their package deals are literally tugging at my credit card....

Lil Nasty

I too am running the Toyo MT 37's with a D30. All I've done to it so far was gussets, HD balljoints (not prosteer), and replaced one wheel bearing. Recently I've been back and forth on the 60's package or Building up my rear and going with a PR44 in the front. It's either $6K and stay with 37's or $14K and be ready for anything. Decisions...Decisions...

Top Bottom