Wheel fitment with Evo coilovers

Mobbzy

Hey guys, rubicon x owner from australia here this is my first post on an American forum though.

Currently I am running 4.5inch springs, 11inch travel fox remote res shocks and clayton offroad longarms as well as all the supporting mods.

I want to drop to 3-3.5inch and I am keen to try out the evo bolt in coilovers (not dtd or evo lever) but i have not been able to find out information on wheel fitment.

Evo suggest 3.75in backspacing or less. My question is why? From the looks of every set up i have seen , nothing in this kit should hang that wide. It looks like any 4.5 backspaced 17inch wheel should have plenty of clearance?

9inch wide with 4.5 backspacing is the widest I want to run, hell I would even love to run pintlers but cant see that happening. I have been spoken to by a few cops and I need to make sure my tyre tread is coved by flares.

Would apriciate any help i can get, cheers from down under
Mobbzy

Sent from my SM-N920I using WAYALIFE mobile app

tgoss

The front coilovers get moved outboard on the axle so the coils cannot make contact with the frame... at lock and flex even with 3.5" backspacing you can still rub a little on the coils a little..

In the rear the sway bar links and extra mass of the springs being on the shock body require a little more room. It's a good idea to move your rear brake lines inside the frame rails too... at full flex the sway bar will likely make contact.

Hope that helps!

NATAS

Hey guys, rubicon x owner from australia here this is my first post on an American forum though.

Currently I am running 4.5inch springs, 11inch travel fox remote res shocks and clayton offroad longarms as well as all the supporting mods.

I want to drop to 3-3.5inch and I am keen to try out the evo bolt in coilovers (not dtd or evo lever) but i have not been able to find out information on wheel fitment.

Evo suggest 3.75in backspacing or less. My question is why? From the looks of every set up i have seen , nothing in this kit should hang that wide. It looks like any 4.5 backspaced 17inch wheel should have plenty of clearance?

9inch wide with 4.5 backspacing is the widest I want to run, hell I would even love to run pintlers but cant see that happening. I have been spoken to by a few cops and I need to make sure my tyre tread is coved by flares.

Would apriciate any help i can get, cheers from down under
Mobbzy

Sent from my SM-N920I using WAYALIFE mobile app
Gday mate,
I have the Evo Kings and when we did the install we had no real dramas,except we had to cut a little bit of the corner Uneek Duel battery tray. Im running 17"walker evens beads on 37's with a 1.5inch synergy wheel spacer but that also helps with the Teraflex Big brake kit as well. As for the flairs Im running Double Black fenders and they just cover the 37's plus i live in NSW...
Not sure if this helps but if need pics of my build let me know..

Sent from my SM-G935F using WAYALIFE mobile app

Mobbzy

Gday mate,
I have the Evo Kings and when we did the install we had no real dramas,except we had to cut a little bit of the corner Uneek Duel battery tray. Im running 17"walker evens beads on 37's with a 1.5inch synergy wheel spacer but that also helps with the Teraflex Big brake kit as well. As for the flairs Im running Double Black fenders and they just cover the 37's plus i live in NSW...
Not sure if this helps but if need pics of my build let me know..

Sent from my SM-G935F using WAYALIFE mobile app
Thanks mate, sent you pm

2014 Rubicon X

dchew

Caught the Bug
I have coilovers and Hutchinson beadlocks which only have 4-5/8" backspacing. Normally I use a 1.5" spacer to get 3-1/8". A few years ago I broke a stud while rotating tires and had to run for a few weeks without the spacers. You can do it on the road but as tgoss said you will rub when flexing. The worst point is the rear sway bar links. I removed the rear links during those few weeks because the link would contact the tire even on the road.

I now have the Lever in the rear but still the std bolt-on in the front.

Dave

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, you WILL have rubbing issues at a flex with 4.5" of back spacing. You can make it work with 4" but depending on what tires you run, you may still get a touch of rubbing.

Mobbzy

Thanks for the reply guys exactly what i was after rules out the wvo coilovers for my aplication.

Thats ok I may just try replacing my fox2.0s with the kings 2.5 adjustables.

2014 Rubicon X

Top Bottom