Water Pump 3.8L 2010 JKU

monstrousmac

Caught the Bug
I was wondering if you all have a opinion on the three different brands, the Omix-Ada is 113.00, the Mopar is 133.00 and the Crown is 49.99. I appreciate any help at all. It is leaking, the pump is probably still good but I am just going to change it out since it is off, Also any thing special I need to do to burp the coolant system when I fill it back up.

monstrousmac

Caught the Bug
Help with brand of Water Pump

I was wondering if you all have a opinion on the three different brands, the Omix-Ada is 113.00, the Mopar is 133.00 and the Crown is 49.99. I appreciate any help at all. It is leaking, the pump is probably still good but I am just going to change it out since it is off, Also any thing special I need to do to burp the coolant system when I fill it back up.

Local Auto part store has one for 39.99, it says meets factory specs, does it matter what brand really?

jjlong

I replaced mine a few months ago. It was about 40 bucks and no issues. To burp it, I just let it run with the radiator cap off and the heater on until it stopped burping air. Pretty simple.

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Judesign

Caught the Bug
In my opinion I like to replace with mopar or omix ada. Used an aftermarket water pump once and lasted maybe a year and a half. Mopar replacement going on three years. Easy repair either way.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'd have to agree. If it were me, I'd go with Mopar first and the Omix-ADA second. May cost more but you're more likely to get a part that will last a lot longer.

G-man

I replaced my water pump with a Mopar. Since I was there, I replaced all coolant hoses with the mishimoto hoses (mainly because the hoses are offered in different colors). In thinking back though, should have just gone with O.E. hoses, they'll more than likely outlast the mishimoto hoses. Just remember to use the Mopar coolant, and burp the system with the radiator cap off and the heater on high until no more bubbles....

JKbrick

I replaced my water pump with a Mopar. Since I was there, I replaced all coolant hoses with the mishimoto hoses (mainly because the hoses are offered in different colors). In thinking back though, should have just gone with O.E. hoses, they'll more than likely outlast the mishimoto hoses. Just remember to use the Mopar coolant, and burp the system with the radiator cap off and the heater on high until no more bubbles....

My son bought a mishimoto aluminum radiator and hoses for his tj and I installed them for him. Those stupid hoses don't seal to the radiator for crap. One or the other is always dripping. I thought it was due to the radiator having a smooth neck and not a rolled edge.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

sunnysideup

I bought one from a cheaper brand name, it quit about 2 months later... I was in town, so it wasn't that big of a problem. The original Mopar one lasted 130,000 miles... so I bought another Mopar one... seeing that it last me 120 times longer... lol.
I know some have good luck with the cheap stuff... I've tried it a few times, and normally I get the bad one. Same thing with power steering pump, new one only lasted 3 days (crown) ... so I sent it back and went a bought a Mopar one. Just don't want that stuff breaking on me 100 miles from home....

Top Bottom