Power Assist Steering Necessary for 37's????

1fundad

Looking to upgrade from 35's to 37's on my 13 JKUR. Read/heard many conflicting opinions. Please shed some insight. What's the verdict? Is it totally necessary, not worth the $$$, or somewhere in between?

Thanks in advance.
Todd

jeeeep

Hooked
not necessary but makes life a lot easier on the trail. IMO also helps extend the life of your steering box if you plan to wheel often.

If it 's just for daily road use then I'd probably skip it.

1fundad

Thanks for the reply! It will definitely be used fairly regularly off road. That really is the biggest reason I want to move up. I want more offroad capability out of this thing. That and I think the 37's fill out the wheel wells a bit better, so there's an aesthetic piece to it as well. I'd LOVE 40's, for both reasons, but this is my daily driver and I don't think those lend themselves too well to that application (maybe I'm wrong??).

You'll feel the difference a little bit on-road...but when the benefits REALLY kick is is off-road. Running 37's, you'll definitely want a ram assist at some point. Trust me and everyone, you will not be disappointed and it will become one of your favorite mods without a doubt.

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
It's an upgrade that's on my to do list. When I'm on the rocks it can be a real pain trying to get the tires to go where I want. Plus it just feels like a lot of stress on the system. But daily driving it, I don't have any problems.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

desertrunner

Ran 37s on my last JK that I had in CO for a few years. It was a pain to turn the wheel while not rolling and in tight rocks took a bit more effort and different lines but for sure not necessary.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

tgoss

Ran 37s on my last JK that I had in CO for a few years. It was a pain to turn the wheel while not rolling and in tight rocks took a bit more effort and different lines but for sure not necessary.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Can't agree with this more. Just did it and wish it was something I did a year ago when I swapped axles to run 37's

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
This'll be one of my next mods. If you have any interest in using your front locker at the same time you're turning, then a ram assist will be your best friend :D

Top Bottom