Pic request of 305/70r17 with a 2" lift

Adamw1212

I've been shopping around for lifts and tires for a few months now and I'd love to have 35's but being on a budget 305 seems to be what I can afford now. Wondered if anyone had a pic of this tire size with a lift

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sheaffadelic

Caught the Bug
i would say hold off, save a little more money and get 315s... you will be much happier and like WJCO mentioned you'll have more options with a 315 :thumb:

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
I've been shopping around for lifts and tires for a few months now and I'd love to have 35's but being on a budget 305 seems to be what I can afford now. Wondered if anyone had a pic of this tire size with a lift

Here's a thread. Only thing is that 305s aren't as common as a 285 or 315, just an fyi. It may limit the brand you get to use.

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?41723-295-70-17-or-305-70-17-with-2-5-in-lift

i would say hold off, save a little more money and get 315s... you will be much happier and like WJCO mentioned you'll have more options with a 315 :thumb:

OP, these gentlemen bring up a good point. Nothing like running an oddball sized tire and needing to bum a spare from someone on the trail, only to realize no one has the size tire your running. Sticking with common sizes are usually best because you can find those size tires anywhere, and generally have a better selection to choose from.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I've run 305 in the past and would note that it has a true measurement that's really close to most advertised 35x12.50s.

Granted, this is what they look like with a 3" lift but hopefully it'll help.

main.php

Adamw1212

Thanks for the input. I can honestly say when I started looking at tires I never knew how many options there where or even what some of the stuff meant but after hours or research and having this forum to ask questions has helped a lot. Thanks for all the advise

Adamw1212

At first I was looking at the treadles budget boost but after looking around I'm debating doing a teraflex 2" suspension lift. This is all new to me and I want to get into wheeling so trying to do as much research I can before I buy anything

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What would you guys recommend lift wise if I went with the 315

The TeraFlex lift would do the trick but I personally wouldn't recommend their kit if only because their coils ride on the harsh side or at least, for my taste anyway. 315 measures taller than an advertised 35x12.50 and I would recommend that you try running 3" of lift with it. I personally prefer something like an EVO Enforcer kit but any 3" lift will give you what you need. Or, you could run 2.5" coil spacers and trim your fenders and you can get by with that too.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Lurking here for a while, first post. I have 305/75's and I've been itching to upgrade to 315 or a 35" ...Do you think its worth it, or should I just mentally realize that the real next step up are 37's?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Most advertised 35's are slightly smaller than a 315. In other words, 315 will be bigger for sure but if you're already thinking about 37's, you might want to start planning for them.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Eddie, but I was asking whether it's worth it to upgrade from 305 to 315. [emoji2]

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

LOL!! Yes, it is and more so than to an advertised 35 which is essentially what you have now. 315 will be slightly bigger without having to start thinking 37.

Top Bottom