Is my steering gear a Delphi?

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
Pulled my steering gear to be rebuilt. I was under the impression that 08s had Delphi boxes, and that they would have the brand name on them. Mine does not have a brand name. There is a part # P52060172AE. It's not painted. I have heard that the newer style is painted. So what are your thoughts. Do I have a Delphi worthy of a rebuild or should I replace it? [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Pulled my steering gear to be rebuilt. I was under the impression that 08s had Delphi boxes, and that they would have the brand name on them. Mine does not have a brand name. There is a part # P52060172AE. It's not painted. I have heard that the newer style is painted. So what are your thoughts. Do I have a Delphi worthy of a rebuild or should I replace it? [emoji848]

I believe it was by late 2008 that the China boxes were starting to come out. Every Delphi box I've seen has had its name on it. My 2012 China box wasn't painted.

How soon are you needing a new box?

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
I believe it was by late 2008 that the China boxes were starting to come out. Every Delphi box I've seen has had its name on it. My 2012 China box wasn't painted.

How soon are you needing a new box?

Thank you, that is what I was afraid of. I'm not in a hurry as my jeep is down for several repairs and upgrades. So I am just gathering my parts and getting them installed as time allows. Next time she leaves my garage I should have my axles done, lockers, driveshafts, clutch, and ram assist.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you, that is what I was afraid of. I'm not in a hurry as my jeep is down for several repairs and upgrades. So I am just gathering my parts and getting them installed as time allows. Next time she leaves my garage I should have my axles done, lockers, driveshafts, clutch, and ram assist.

If you can hold off on getting a replacement for a bit, you might find it worth your while.

Top Bottom