Rock Solid Sector Shaft Brace

LoPo

Caught the Bug
Is anyone running this guy? Curious if there was any feedback. I'm seriously considering going hydro assist sooner rather than later and want to make sure the new steering gear is as solid as I can make it.

http://www.pscmotorsports.com/vehic...ctor-shaft-brace-for-relocated-track-bar.html

I just spoke to them and they are working on a version that works with my existing Teraflex highsteer and frame brace and the design should be finalized next week. I'm pretty excited with that news. I know EVO makes one, but it's not compatible with the Teraflex highsteer and frame brace either.

prodserv_jk_steering_shaft_brace_1__96547.1342658675.1280.1280.jpg

GetOut

Is anyone running this guy? Curious if there was any feedback. I'm seriously considering going hydro assist sooner rather than later and want to make sure the new steering gear is as solid as I can make it.

http://www.pscmotorsports.com/vehic...ctor-shaft-brace-for-relocated-track-bar.html

I just spoke to them and they are working on a version that works with my existing Teraflex highsteer and frame brace and the design should be finalized next week. I'm pretty excited with that news. I know EVO makes one, but it's not compatible with the Teraflex highsteer and frame brace either.

View attachment 13844

I have never seen one in use. I contacted them a year or so ago as they are not all that far from my home and was told that since I had a JKS track bar it would not be usable I would have to buy their track bar and replace mine. The individual I spoke to at that time said they had something in the works for different track bars and that their would soon be an application for my track bar, however they still do not list one.

LoPo

Caught the Bug
Honestly, if you go ram assist, you probably won't need it.

You're right, but if the assist were to fail at any point and I wasn't able to repair right then and there, this would at least help during that time. $130 is much cheaper than a new steering box and sending out to get tapped. At least that's how I'm looking at it, since my steering is crap and PSC wants $2k of my hard earned dollars I'm just trying to solidify as much of it as I can.

Rebel JK

You're right, but if the assist were to fail at any point and I wasn't able to repair right then and there, this would at least help during that time. $130 is much cheaper than a new steering box and sending out to get tapped. At least that's how I'm looking at it, since my steering is crap and PSC wants $2k of my hard earned dollars I'm just trying to solidify as much of it as I can.

Im looking into also. Am considering 300 for brace and relo trackbar verses maybe 600 for the redneck ram stage 2 verses psc for $$$. Would love to hear everyones thoughts.

2Baja

View attachment 13844

I use it, after replacing the steering box because of play in the sector shaft i added one works well with the Synergy TB

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

If your ram assist failed, you would have zero power steering and you would have to repair it - ask me how I know. I should also note that I've broken a sector shaft before and, judging by the break, I seriously doubt that this brace would have made a difference. It is cheap though and if it'll help you to sleep better at night, you might as well spend your money on it :yup:

LoPo

Caught the Bug
If your ram assist failed, you would have zero power steering and you would have to repair it - ask me how I know. I should also note that I've broken a sector shaft before and, judging by the break, I seriously doubt that this brace would have made a difference. It is cheap though and if it'll help you to sleep better at night, you might as well spend your money on it :yup:

When you lost your ram assist, you were still able to steer, right?

LoPo

Caught the Bug
LOL!! No, not really. Not without at least having to make some basic repairs.

:doh:

So do you carry any other spare parts for the ram assist besides hoses? I've been told that'd most likely be source of a failure.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
:doh:

So do you carry any other spare parts for the ram assist besides hoses? I've been told that'd most likely be source of a failure.

You don't even really need to carry spare hoses but, you WILL need to have some way of cap things off so that you are no longer loosing fluid. If fluid can still leak out, you WILL NOT have ANY power steering and that can make it next to impossible to steer a JK with 37" or larger tires that are aired down. Forget your sector shaft, trying to force your steering without power will cause the next weakest link to break and that'll be your steering shaft - trust me, I have seen this happen before too.

Top Bottom