Zone 4in lift

DLowe27

I was looking at ordering a Zone 4in lift for my 4door JK. Does anyone have any info on these lifts. Im doing this for now until I get the money for a long arm kit. So it will not be perminent.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
4" is a really tall lift and unless you're planning on running a set of 37's, way more than I would recommend you run especially with a kit that provides so little in terms of components you really SHOULD be running at this height. If you're determined to get this kit, I would add a steering correction system, and really, a complete set of adjustable control arms and so that it's clear, this is just to get your Jeep riding and handling somewhat better ON PAVEMENT.

txjeeplover

I have the Zone 4" lift for the 2 door. It's a good starting point for sure, with solid, well designed components. Retaining the factory arms with rubbing bushings was important for me and that kit allows you to do that. My Jeep retained excellent road manners and continued to be impressive on the rocks.

However, this kit (as most kits of 4" and taller) will require that you upgrade to aftermarket double cardan driveshafts front and rear. That will of course require that you install rear upper control arms to correct the rear driveline angle. Depending on where and how you wheel your Jeep, you will also find yourself wanting disconnects (non-Rubicon models) and longer brakelines. Disconnects, extended brakelines, and upper control arms will be included in other manufacturers kits, but those kits could move this project out of your budget at this time.

Hope this helps!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
My Jeep retained excellent road manners and continued to be impressive on the rocks.

Clearly, ride comfort and quality is 100% subjective. If you've ever driven a 4" lifted JK on long arms that correct your suspension geometry or, one that has at least been dialed in with adjustable short arms, you would know that your ride could be MUCH MUCH better than it is now on pavement. On the rocks, correcting your suspension geometry will not make a difference.

DLowe27

Ok awesome. I really am not set in stone what I need for a lift yet, But I wanted to put something on that will allow for 35 toyo open country mt of road(mostly trails) but still drive to work(11 miles each way). Thanks for the help maybe ill be looking at a dif kit now!.!.!.!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ok awesome. I really am not set in stone what I need for a lift yet, But I wanted to put something on that will allow for 35 toyo open country mt of road(mostly trails) but still drive to work(11 miles each way). Thanks for the help maybe ill be looking at a dif kit now!.!.!.!

For your purposes, I would recommend a 2.5" to 3" lift at most. You really don't need to go taller than that and I personally wouldn't recommend it. Going taller would throw off your COG and your suspension and steering geometry would be off enough to negatively effect your ride comfort and handling. Assuming you're on a budget, I might even recommend that you just start off with something like a TeraFlex 2.5" budget boost. If you're set on going taller, I might recommend getting the Rancho Sport kit as it uses relocation brackets to correct your suspension geometry. The only down side to it is that if you play on the rocks, your control arms and mounts will be that much cloers to the rocks.

DLowe27

ok I guess i will be looking into that or maybe just getting a long arm kit now. Thanks for all the help!

Top Bottom