Detroit locker help

JD_WAS_HERE

2016 jeep jk,.3.5 inch lift,35s..auto trans..
Just re geared to 5.13 and added a Detroit locker in the rear.Now im getting codes for p0733,cel will come on and trans will shift strange.Ive already re calibrated the new gears into the ecm. Im reading mixed reviews on comparability with 2012 and up with auto trans and having a det locker.Is there anyone out there running this set up currently?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Bummer you didn't do your research first. Dynatrac tried running this setup on a 2012 and found early on the problems you would have with running a Detroit. Unfortunately, it will be a problem you will always have to deal with.

trailraider

Bummer you didn't do your research first. Dynatrac tried running this setup on a 2012 and found early on the problems you would have with running a Detroit. Unfortunately, it will be a problem you will always have to deal with.

did they figure out what this issue was? or is it a gremlin that they couldn't find?

Does it set codes only with a detroit installed?

JD_WAS_HERE

Haha,guess that can come accross wrong...So the place i had my locker ad gears installed at said to just turn off esc with a programer and that will fix the issue of cel and limp mode.Any thoughts before I try this.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Haha,guess that can come accross wrong...So the place i had my locker ad gears installed at said to just turn off esc with a programer and that will fix the issue of cel and limp mode.Any thoughts before I try this.

I take it you didn't click on the link I posted up and read what Dynatrac said?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Post #21.....

I don't have enough info to be sure what a "kill switch" will do. The understanding I have, is that ESC is always working. The sensitivity is turned up or down by the computer depending on what position the T-case is in, vehicle speed, and whether the factory ESC defeat button has been pressed.

ABS and ESC share many of the same components in the car. However ABS function would not likely be affected by a Detroit Locker. The locker only engages under throttle up and torq-apply conditions. When the brakes are applied the Detroit would be essentially "disengaged". I say this carefully because depending on conditions a situation where the Detroit does affect braking could occur, but is not likely.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yes I did..But I guess my question would more be towards are there any negatives to having it disabled for a DD.

Since you seemed to have missed it yet again, as Dynatrac said, and I quote, the "ESC is always working. The sensitivity is turned up or down by the computer depending on what position the T-case is in, vehicle speed, and whether the factory ESC defeat button has been pressed." Unless your shop knows something that Dynatrac doesn't and these are guys who work CLOSELY with Chrysler, there is NO WAY TO DISABLE it. "You WILL get lots of ESC events, and kicked into limp mode with any automatic (non-selectable) device."

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Alright,thanks man.The way im understanding it is it wont be an issue being disabled.

LOL!! Good thing you came on here looking for answers to problems that you're having but already have an understanding of. You may never have figured things out the way just apparently just did. :thumb:

Top Bottom