Need a Little Help.

brizon85

Hey all,
I've been driving a 2009 JKU X with a 3.5 in RE Standard kit (no arms) and 35's. I've noticed an interesting clunky/squeaky noise in my front end whenever I'm driving at lower speeds (10-15 mph). kind of like an er er er er.
I got under there and noticed my drag link was loose at the collar. so I tightened that up bit I still hear the same clunky er er noise. I was just wondering if anyone else had experienced this same noise. I also get bad tire wobble when I hit potholes. I've got a reputable mech I'm going to take the jeep to when I get a chance.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hey all,
I've been driving a 2009 JKU X with a 3.5 in RE Standard kit (no arms) and 35's. I've noticed an interesting clunky/squeaky noise in my front end whenever I'm driving at lower speeds (10-15 mph). kind of like an er er er er.
I got under there and noticed my drag link was loose at the collar. so I tightened that up bit I still hear the same clunky er er noise. I was just wondering if anyone else had experienced this same noise. I also get bad tire wobble when I hit potholes. I've got a reputable mech I'm going to take the jeep to when I get a chance.

Is the sound rythmic or like something rotational? Or, is it just a creaking sound? If it's the later, could be your trackbar bushing or other aftermarket component bushing is dry or going bad.

Regarding the wobbling you're feeling, that would also support the possibility that you have a bad track bar bushing or a mounting bolt that's loose.

brizon85

honestly I've also heard some metal on metal pop sound 2 times in the past month while driving on the highway. I just brushed it off as being a rock stuck in the wheel hitting the undercarriage :-/

brizon85

I haven't pulled anything apart simply because of time and no tools. I'd love to do it. I also have no place to do the work. I appreciate your response. it's nice to learn more before I go to a mechanic to talk to them.

Top Bottom