Going full set of adjustable control arms.

txk1956

May have to sell my two hounds. I am thinking of going with all eight adjustable control arms.

JK Rubicon 2 door (Frankenstein) 2014

10A front bumper no winch
AEV rear bumper no tire carrier
ACE sliders
Plan on Cooper ST Maxx 255/80/17, MOPAR 2" lift (comes with driveshaft)
Automatic

I am thinking of getting full set of Currie adjustable control arms. My thinking is new lift will give me more than 2.5 inches of lift. Maybe over 3 inches.
Daily driver for now. Will be wheeling it when I retire in about 4 years. So more weight will be added. Just worried about angles of everything with that lift. Hopefully with full set on arms I can correct most of geometry.

Any thoughts on this good or bad, thanks.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'd have to agree with WJCO. No need to be replacing things that you don't really need. Even at 3" of lift, all you'd really need are front lower adjustable arms to help set your caster and rear upper arms so that you can set your pinion angle. If anything, I would use the money you save to get a new front and rear drive shaft. Something you'll need at 3" of lift or more especially being that you have a 2-door.

Rottenbelly

Evo make a full set of standard size control arms now.
They don't show up on my phone on the website but they do on my computer.

txk1956

I'd have to agree with WJCO. No need to be replacing things that you don't really need. Even at 3" of lift, all you'd really need are front lower adjustable arms to help set your caster and rear upper arms so that you can set your pinion angle. If anything, I would use the money you save to get a new front and rear drive shaft. Something you'll need at 3" of lift or more especially being that you have a 2-door.

Any recommendations for rear driveshaft if ok for you to recommend. Kit come with the front driveshaft. Thanks again.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Any recommendations for rear driveshaft if ok for you to recommend. Kit come with the front driveshaft. Thanks again.

Personally, I prefer JE Reel but I know there are a lot of guys who will recommend Adams. If you live in an area that has a local driveline shop, I might recommend that you have one made by them. The price will be about the same and you will be using them in the future to have your shaft re-balanced and/or rebuilt. I have gone this route a few times in the past and have been very happy with what I got. Just ask to have Neapco or Spicer u-joints installed in whatever you decide to get. JE Reel uses made in the USA Neapco by default.

txk1956

Personally, I prefer JE Reel but I know there are a lot of guys who will recommend Adams. If you live in an area that has a local driveline shop, I might recommend that you have one made by them. The price will be about the same and you will be using them in the future to have your shaft re-balanced and/or rebuilt. I have gone this route a few times in the past and have been very happy with what I got. Just ask to have Neapco or Spicer u-joints installed in whatever you decide to get. JE Reel uses made in the USA Neapco by default.

Thank you sir.

Top Bottom