2 door rear stretch

jkwebbie

Trying to get some pros/con's on the rear stretch kits I've found online. Synergy makes one that's like a traditional long arm with track bar but I haven't had any luck finding anyone on here running it (every time I type in Synergy the only stuff that seems to come up threads about their tie rod lol). Also I've looked at the Rock Krawler which is a 3 link. I've seen some people running it but I'm kind of hesitant to run a 3 link because I don't like how much the axle moves side to side. The last option I'm thinking if doing is an actual double triangulated 4 link. I know that will require the most modifications but might as well have it an option lol.

The build is going to have ORI struts on all 4 corners and 40s. Just looking to see what people have done to their 2 doors and what/if the could do something over. Thanks for the help guys 👍

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You know, aside from you talking about how badass your friends are and all they can do on the trail, I can't say that I've ever seen a pic or even heard about how hard you use your Jeep. I mean, I see you post up all the time about wanting to build up your Jeep with junkyard axles and now with a stretch but it almost seems as if that's all you ever do - talk about all these things on the internet. Of course, there's nothing wrong with pipe dreams and really, this is just an observation of mine.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I was looking for a long time at that synergy rear kit before I traded in my 2 door, and could never find anyone running it (even on other forums). Hell even on their website they dont show much at all for the kit other than a few pics without a rear cut or anything. Actually now that I think about it (cant remember his name at all but he did a 2 door stretch) I think there was a white 2 door who may have used the kit to stretch his.

Not sure what he used, but found the build.

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?13015-JLE21-s-2-door-Build-Thread

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Trying to get some pros/con's on the rear stretch kits I've found online. Synergy makes one that's like a traditional long arm with track bar but I haven't had any luck finding anyone on here running it (every time I type in Synergy the only stuff that seems to come up threads about their tie rod lol). Also I've looked at the Rock Krawler which is a 3 link. I've seen some people running it but I'm kind of hesitant to run a 3 link because I don't like how much the axle moves side to side. The last option I'm thinking if doing is an actual double triangulated 4 link. I know that will require the most modifications but might as well have it an option lol.

The build is going to have ORI struts on all 4 corners and 40s. Just looking to see what people have done to their 2 doors and what/if the could do something over. Thanks for the help guys [emoji106]

Do you ever plan on wheeling it or is it just going to be a built up show rig

jkwebbie

I was looking for a long time at that synergy rear kit before I traded in my 2 door, and could never find anyone running it (even on other forums). Hell even on their website they dont show much at all for the kit other than a few pics without a rear cut or anything. Actually now that I think about it (cant remember his name at all but he did a 2 door stretch) I think there was a white 2 door who may have used the kit to stretch his.

Not sure what he used, but found the build.

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?13015-JLE21-s-2-door-Build-Thread
I know I had the same problems looking for someone who had that kit. I see way more 3 link kits being used like the one Rock Krawler offers.

bigcale

Caught the Bug

The build is going to have ORI struts on all 4 corners and 40s. Just looking to see what people have done to their 2 doors and what/if the could do something over. Thanks for the help guys 👍

Working on my stretch plan as well, although probably going to stop at 37s.

There is also the Genright kit, they want you to use specific axles and there is a ton of fab work.

Daystar also has one that I have been looking at:

http://daystarweb.com/productdetail.php?productID=1512

jkwebbie

Working on my stretch plan as well, although probably going to stop at 37s.

There is also the Genright kit, they want you to use specific axles and there is a ton of fab work.

Daystar also has one that I have been looking at:

http://daystarweb.com/productdetail.php?productID=1512

I actually already talked to Genright and they were pretty rude when I told them I didn't want to run the Currie axles, so the convo went down hill pretty quick after that. And I looked at Daystars kit too but I want more than a 3" stretch. Plus they say to run a body lift if I plan to run 40s, and I hate body lifts. They make the ride worse and just raises your COG which I don't want to do.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
For a guy who goes on and on about junkyard axles, I'm kinda surprised that you're looking at "kits" instead of custom building something your own.

Watch WAYALIFE YouTube Videos
WAYALIFE Jeeps & Specs

Warrior's Lance

Isn't Evo developing a 2 dr stretch kit?

A 4x4 repair shop in TX put a vid on yt in Dec 16 claiming that the parts used on the jeep in the vid were a new Evo prototype 2 dr stretch kit. I would put the link here but it had too much promo in it to seem safe for forum rules.

Rumor? BS? Actuality?

I would find a Vengence like kit interesting

Lance

jkwebbie

Isn't Evo developing a 2 dr stretch kit?

A 4x4 repair shop in TX put a vid on yt in Dec 16 claiming that the parts used on the jeep in the vid were a new Evo prototype 2 dr stretch kit. I would put the link here but it had too much promo in it to seem safe for forum rules.

Rumor? BS? Actuality?

I would find a Vengence like kit interesting

Lance
I haven't heard anything but I've seen them do a couple 2 door stretch's. I feel like 90% of the Jeeps EVO does is 4 doors lol

Warrior's Lance

I haven't heard anything but I've seen them do a couple 2 door stretch's. I feel like 90% of the Jeeps EVO does is 4 doors lol

I watched the video again, and won't post a link due to the uploader's self promotion. Not sure that the Evo "kit" used is anything more than corner armor, which may or may not be in 'development'. Go watch Eddie's Vengence video and check out the forum thread for info about Evo stretching a 2 door.

Top Bottom