L.E.D Headlight replacement

tonywjk

Am considering replacing the stock lights with JW Speaker or Truck lites. Does anyone have them installed and are you happy with them. I read the reviews but wanted to hear from actual users. Did you need to order anything extra, harness, relays, etc or simply a plug-and-play.

Appreciate any feedback on this

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I currently run both new and old versions of the Truck-Lite LED headlights and am very happy with both. I have personally seen the JW Speakers and they are nice as well. The later is $300 more than the already expensive Truck-Lite's and, if I really thought they were that much better, they would be on my Jeeps. Trust me, you'll be very happy with the Truck-Lites and the fact that you'll have $300 more to spend on other mods.

Jersey_Devil

I currently run both new and old versions of the Truck-Lite LED headlights and am very happy with both. I have personally seen the JW Speakers and they are nice as well. The later is $300 more than the already expensive Truck-Lite's and, if I really thought they were that much better, they would be on my Jeeps. Trust me, you'll be very happy with the Truck-Lites and the fact that you'll have $300 more to spend on other mods.

X2! I love my Trucklites!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The snow will accumulate on them a bit but not enough to keep them from still working well.

PJF14

I also have the newer version of the truck-lite LED's. I love them. I really liked the look of the JW speakers one's but they were just so expensive.

dchew

I have the truck-lites. In wet snow they definitely build up. Dry snow they are fine. When it is snowing hard, the flickering gives you a weird sensation like the snow is strings with short little gaps in between, but it doesn't bother me.

Dave

jeffd

I just put truck-lite gen 2's on my 2013 jku and all I can say is worth every penny. I paid $450 shipped from northridge4X4 and they come with an adaptor harness so 100% plug and play. I have heard complaints of having a difficult time getting the connectors pluged from the harness to the light but I used dielectric grease on the connections and had no issue at all. I also do not get any flicker at idle like some have reported and none when moving. I live in Montana so lots of cold snowy conditions and no issues what so ever. I came home the other night in the freezing fog where the front defroster on high with vehicle fully warm could not keep the ice from freezing on the windshield and the lights were as bright as ever and when I got home I checked them and they had very little frost on them. If I were ordering another jeep tomorrow I would have a set of Truck-lites waiting to install before it even showed up.

kb3ejw

thanks as well from me,as soon as i get uncle Sam figured out i will be ordering some L E D's as well.
is RR the best vendor to get them from??

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
thanks as well from me,as soon as i get uncle Sam figured out i will be ordering some L E D's as well.
is RR the best vendor to get them from??

I would check Amazon as they often have deals that can't be beat.

Skid_Kid

Just ordered my Truck-Lite's through Northridge. Got the package with the pillar mounts and Rigid Dually Floods. The Dually's will go on the rear of my Jeep though.

orngcrushrgrl

We've got the trucklites. I've noticed though that they shake a little when I'm stopped and idling ( had them programmed via the procal to be on as daytime running lamps) so the hubby switched our headlamps off daytime running and put our bumper mounted fogs in daytime instead.

Supposedly if you run some electrical tape around the edge it will fit in the factory headlight surrounds more snugly. I didn't do that when I installed them, and now I'm kicking myself for not doing it.

MTG

Caught the Bug
We've got the trucklites. I've noticed though that they shake a little when I'm stopped and idling ( had them programmed via the procal to be on as daytime running lamps) so the hubby switched our headlamps off daytime running and put our bumper mounted fogs in daytime instead.

Supposedly if you run some electrical tape around the edge it will fit in the factory headlight surrounds more snugly. I didn't do that when I installed them, and now I'm kicking myself for not doing it.

Two different issues.

1) is a flicker that is noticeable when you are at idle, typically stopped behind a car or a garage door.
2) is if the lights are not snug in the housing. If you can't move the light around with your hand, you will not need the tape. Some need it some don't.

:thumb:

Skid_Kid

Two different issues.

1) is a flicker that is noticeable when you are at idle, typically stopped behind a car or a garage door.
2) is if the lights are not snug in the housing. If you can't move the light around with your hand, you will not need the tape. Some need it some don't.

:thumb:

Good to know.

jjmmagoo

I have the first gen Trucklites and love them! I didn't want to fiddle around with the install so I went to the dealership when I was doing some other work and they installed them for a real low price. The mechanic came running out of the garage to show me how bright they were! He couldn't believe how bright they were! He wanted them for his jeep!!

2013JKU

Absolutely love my JW's... They're just flat out awesome, I actually grin a little every time the click on.
I had a very slight flicker at idle or stopped, was completely fixed with TLG's new harness.
image-1069797877.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom